Issac Newton

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 l $122.7 JPN | $135.8M OS | $258.5M WW

On 3/15/2022 at 12:43 PM, john2000 said:

@Issac Newton whats your opinion for this anime ? is it worth checking out ? . Now that demon slayer finished (for now) i am searching for new content.

If you like anime with battles, strange powers etc but you get tired of demons, I suggest you to watch Kiseiju (sometimes also called Parasyte), and if you have Netflix then try to take a look there too since there is a lot of interesting stuff

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Tbh, I never liked any Live-action other than Rurouni Kenshin!!

Screenshot-2022-0319-054513.jpg

Lol 🤣

And the English dub unfortunately isn't the only one with problems, I still have nightmares about the "Italian" dubbing of the third season of Black Lagoon, inexplicably voiced by some amateur French dubbers with strong accent and no talent...  But the worst thing is that the first two seasons were perfect 😭

Edited by MG10

8 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Lol 🤣

And the English dub unfortunately isn't the only one with problems, I still have nightmares about the "Italian" dubbing of the third season of Black Lagoon, inexplicably voiced by some amateur French dubbers with strong accent and no talent...  But the worst thing is that the first two seasons were perfect 😭

Sometimes dub sounds nice but in most case, unsync (voice ahead of scene or just doesn't matched) and when you caught them altering content (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

This happens with me when I was checking out English dub version of Demon Slayer, where the dub version cut off the part where Akaza was killed and sub version clearly showed how he has been beheaded.

I don't even understand Overseas ratings system. For example, Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 is G-rated here, PG-13 in NA. Last time, PG-13 for Demon Slayer, and R-18 at NA. (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

• Like 1

Rotten Tomatoes

Tomatometer : 100% (21)

Audience Score : 99% (500+)

Meta Critics

Metascore : 74 (6)

Userscore : 7.2 (6)

For Comparison: 

Demon Slayer Mugen Train

Rotten Tomatoes

Tomatometer : 98% (48)

Audience Score : 99% (10,000+)

Meta Critics

Metascore : 72 (10)

Userscore : 8.4 (191)

7 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Indonesia Box Office

468K admits : One Piece Stampede

360K admits : Demon Slayer Mugen Train

322K admits : Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0

Rp10.5B : Weathering With You

xRp3.5B : Your Name

Stand by Me Doraemon: 1M+ admits

Considering the popularity of Demon Slayer here in Indonesia, I think it could have made more. It was released just after the first theater reopening, when there were not as many theaters opened as now. At the time people were also still reluctant to go to the cinema.

3 minutes ago, catlover said:

Stand by Me Doraemon: 1M+ admits

Considering the popularity of Demon Slayer here in Indonesia, I think it could have made more. It was released just after the first theater reopening, when there were not as many theaters opened as now. At the time people were also still reluctant to go to the cinema.

I didn't consider Stand By Me Doraemon because of 3D CGI film. 

I agree with you that Demon Slayer had more potential!!

BTW, do you have the list of highest grossing Japanese Film in Indonesia?

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (International Weekend)

Australia (OW) A$940,243

New Zealand (OW) NZ$169,460

UK (OW) £840K

Belgium (OW) €120K

Indonesia (OW) 495K admits

Singapore (2nd Weekend) SG$421,633/1,005,807

Malaysia &Brunei (2nd Weekend) RM 827,126/3,490,756

Taiwan (4th Weekend) NT$10,732,400/203,583,100

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Eh, the UK is one of the worst markets for manga as well. It just doesn't seem very popular.

Indeed. More than anything else I'm surprised by anime films usually grossing so little in France, considering that manga sales in the country are higher than those in USA, Canada, UK and Australia combined...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Indeed. More than anything else I'm surprised by anime films usually grossing so little in France, considering that manga sales in the country are higher than those in USA, Canada, UK and Australia combined...

Yeah, France is a huge manga market and it's been exploding like mad past couple of years, but it hasn't translated to box office. Italy is another market that does pretty well on the manga side but where anime movies just can't find a place, DS wasn't even released until almost a year after going on digital which obviously made it bomb, JJK is still MiA status, etcetera.

Edited by JustLurking
expanded
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (International Weekend)

Australia (OW) A$940,243

New Zealand (OW) NZ$169,460

UK (OW) £840K

Belgium (OW) €120K

Indonesia (OW) 495K admits

Singapore (2nd Weekend) SG$421,633/1,005,807

Malaysia &Brunei (2nd Weekend) RM 827,126/3,490,756

Taiwan (4th Weekend) NT$10,732,400/203,583,100

Correction:

Indonesia : 500K ($1.76M)

Malaysia : RM 7M

Singapore : SG$ 2M