Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** BATMAN SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

On 2/28/2022 at 6:58 AM, Notthereverseflash24 said:

Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Not true. Have you ever seen me and Batman in the same room? No? Well, there it is. That is because I AM BATMAN.

I did not stay for post credit scene. What was it all about. That said this was just batshit crazy. It was more of a gothic horror movie than a SH one. Very 1st scene resembled Rear Window to me :-) Its probably the only batman movie that focused completely on batman. Neither Dano's Riddler nor Farrell's Penguin had that much screen time. Wright's Gordon was great though I prefer Gary Oldman's performance. I think every performance was very good but Kravitz shined the best. Pattinson was menacing as a batman and was a troubled wreck as Bruce Wayne. While I prefer Bale as Bruce Wayne, Pattinson definitely was fantastic as batman. 

But overall MVP has to be Matt Reeves. He made something that is completely on its own from Nolan's trilogy. That had way more light moments and Nolan's style is to use exposition to move the plot. Here it was all subtle. I could definitely see this in all technical categories. Though the background music was too close to Star Wars. I felt it was Darth Vader more than Batman :-)

At least I can buy the negative reviews. This is definitely not for everyone. I am not even sure where it will end up at box office. Let us wait and watch. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

I did not stay for post credit scene. What was it all about. That said this was just batshit crazy. It was more of a gothic horror movie than a SH one. Very 1st scene resembled Rear Window to me 🙂 Its probably the only batman movie that focused completely on batman. Neither Dano's Riddler nor Farrell's Penguin had that much screen time. Wright's Gordon was great though I prefer Gary Oldman's performance. I think every performance was very good but Kravitz shined the best. Pattinson was menacing as a batman and was a troubled wreck as Bruce Wayne. While I prefer Bale as Bruce Wayne, Pattinson definitely was fantastic as batman. 

But overall MVP has to be Matt Reeves. He made something that is completely on its own from Nolan's trilogy. That had way more light moments and Nolan's style is to use exposition to move the plot. Here it was all subtle. I could definitely see this in all technical categories. Though the background music was too close to Star Wars. I felt it was Darth Vader more than Batman 🙂

At least I can buy the negative reviews. This is definitely not for everyone. I am not even sure where it will end up at box office. Let us wait and watch. 

The after credits was literally just 'goodbye' in text like the Riddler convo on the computer lol

• Like 1

Just now, AdrianL said:

The after credits was literally just 'goodbye' in text like the Riddler convo on the computer lol

Thank god I did not wait for it. Already it was bladder busting long and I avoided any drink during the movie as well :-). Anyway this needs multiple views. I will check it out once it hits HBO Max. 

What an amazing movie. Loved every second of it.

My audience REALLY reacted when the guy in the cell next to the Riddler said "clown."  Joker's face looked really mangled, not sure how that would be received by audiences.

Either way, cannot wait for the second one.

I was 100 percent sure they were going to reveal that Riddler was going to be Thomas Elliot, and that he was the son of the journalist that was killed (who they mentioned his last name was Elliot).

For gods sake they even had the word "Hush" hang on the screen for several seconds during one of his broadcasts.

• Like 1

I think this tied to Joker.

Joker saying this city turns people in to "clownS" in plural, Serkis looks like an older version of Alfred from Joker, Thomas Wayne here looks similar to that one...

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Is the film set in a realistic manner like TDK trilogy or is there scope for fantastical villains like Mr Freeze or Clayface to turn up.

It's very much "realistic" in the sense that there's no fantastical elements. Could Reeves turn the fantastical villains in future installments in a way that works like how he reimagined the Riddler? I think so.