SLAM!

Cayom Y9 Discussion Thread || Review Phase Underway

This is our annual discussion thread for topics pertaining Y9 films! In here, you can ask questions about Year 9 films (but don't post spoilers), actors (if you need help with casting or you want to gush over a star like, say, Jenna Ortega), if you want to ask questions about where you can schedule a film—and you can also come here to hang out! And if you're a new player, you can introduce yourself in here! Even if you're in the Telegram chat, please try to post in here every once in a while. With Y9 officially open for submissions, I wish everyone good luck with writing!

Tagging all current players (who have voiced interest in Y9):

@Alpha @Blankments @cookie @El Squibbonator @Ethan Hunt @Ezen Baklattan @4815162342 @lamamama @Reddroast @Rorschach @Xillix @YourMother

Edited by SLAM!

My goal is to have at least one movie in every month of the year. I already have two (the festival movies), one in June and one in October respectively, and I may add something else to October since Death is Not My Friend is only super wide later in the month, but I got other stuff ready and/or planned.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

My goal is to have at least one movie in every month of the year. I already have two (the festival movies), one in June and one in October respectively, and I may add something else to October since Death is Not My Friend is only super wide later in the month, but I got other stuff ready and/or planned.

I have the same goal of at least one film within each month! I mean, school’s kicking my buns, but I think I have enough started that it’s possible! And some of my stories can be shorter than others too.

2 hours ago, SLAM! said:

@Alpha Hi! Instead of August 29th, can you move Scythe to July 11th and give it one week of IMAX? I'll use that for my third IMAX slot! Final Straw can be removed from the schedule.

Sorry Slam but I'm making a ruling that you can't change your IMAX slot after Part 1 starts. It basically surprise undercuts IMAX films locked into their Part 1 place. You use the one you originally selected or you lose it.

@Alpha don't give IMAX to Scythe on July 9th if Slam keeps it there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Sorry Slam but I'm making a ruling that you can't change your IMAX slot after Part 1 starts. It basically surprise undercuts IMAX films locked into their Part 1 place. You use the one you originally selected or you lose it.

@Alpha don't give IMAX to Scythe on July 9th if Slam keeps it there.

That's all right, @Alpha I'll put Scythe back on the August 29th IMAX slot

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 1

I am hopeful that I may get a project done by my birthday, next week Sunday. It’ll then go into the editing stage from feedback. My goal is for the project to have a word count of under 10k, preferably around 5K-7K.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Squibbonator said:

Is it permissible to change a movie we originally had planned for Y9 to Y10, or vice versa? 

Hello! Yes, players are definitely allowed to shift release plans around; stories originally intended for Y10 can be pushed up to Y9, stories can be postponed to later years or even indefinitely. I change my film’s release dates all the time. I hope this helps!

3 hours ago, El Squibbonator said:

Is it permissible to change a movie we originally had planned for Y9 to Y10, or vice versa? 

Yes, you can.

Btw, it would be advised that you post your Film Festival entry (which would be Shadow of the Comet) in the Submission Thread, the purpose being that a Festival film is eventually part of the schedule and helps fill slots out. Not sure if this is obligatory rule by any means, though, but we tend to do it.

Edited by MCKillswitch123