Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

The Croods 6,054,343 2nd weekend - 21,943,596 total

With 678.9 mln RUB already passed Megamind (676.7 mln)

On Monday should pass How to Train Your Dragon (686.9 mln)

The next target will be Rio with 702.6 mln RUB final gross.

Top 5 estimates

1.G.I. Joe: Retaliation 8,879,000 on 1250 screens

2.The Croods 3D 6,054,343 - 21,943,596 -23%

3. Jack the Giant Slayer 3,402,463 - 12,766,745 -51%

4. The Host 2,668,000 on 784 screens

5.  Oz: The Great and Powerful 940,000 - 26,911,000 -54%

So out of all Hollywood releases this year, which has the best chance at being #1 in gross in Russia if I may ask?I see that animations are big over there so maybe Despicable Me 2 or Monsters U then.I'm hoping IM3 can do about 25M there, would that be too much?

So out of all Hollywood releases this year, which has the best chance at being #1 in gross in Russia if I may ask?I see that animations are big over there so maybe Despicable Me 2 or Monsters U then.I'm hoping IM3 can do about 25M there, would that be too much?

Hobbit Part 2 most likely. 

Hobbit Part 2 most likely.

Ah, forget about that one. Yeah, definitely can see that happen most likely. It certainly will gross more than the first one since sequels do well overseas. So 50M+ for DOS I think since the first one did like 43M or so. Edited by Sam

I hope for more than 25 mill

I dont see a possible huge breakout from Despicable Me 2 or Monster University. Despicable Me grossed around 9mln three years ago. Monsters Inc. had only around 800k in the original release and around 1.8 mln in 3d re-release. Of course both should increase compared to their predecessors but not enough to make into yearly top5. 

The Iron Man3 is a big wild card. After a big success last year they are promoting it as a sort of sequel to The Avengers. And actually it might work.  

Both The Croods and Oz passed 3m admissions. The Croods is well behind in gross so that  means a lot of kids tickets. Oz played here more like a typical fantasy film. And with the end of school holidays daily grossed should drop really hard. 

Ah, so it has to be established animation franchise like Ice Age, which is every popular overseas in general.

Aside from Hobbit 2, seems like this year doesn't have many guaranteed big grossers like IA4 or BDII like last year, right? Could STiD do well since it's a sci-fi movie? Or CF since it's a sequel? 

Thor did the best here out of all Marvel movies barring TA, so I'm hoping Thor: TDW will do well and have a good increase  :)

I hope for more than 25 mill

Well, considering TA did about 43M, I thought IM3 doing more than half of that would be great already  :unsure: But of course, if it can gross 30M+ then I'll be a very happy fan  :D

Iron Man 2 grossed around 14.6m. 100% increase would be amazing.

Top 10 2013 by admissions

1. The Croods  3,163,127
2.  Oz  3,115,970 
3. Life of Pi 3,065,930
4. Hensel and Gretel  2,050,282
5. Django Unchained 1,988,062
6. Jack The Giants Slayer 1,617,450
7. Metro 1,589,526
8. Die Hard 5 1,573,753
9. What Men Are Doing 1,393,552
10. Chinese Zodiac 1,172,944

Iron Man 2 grossed around 14.6m. 100% increase would be amazing.

Top 10 2013 by admissions

1. The Croods  3,163,127
2.  Oz  3,115,970 
3. Life of Pi 3,065,930
4. Hensel and Gretel  2,050,282
5. Django Unchained 1,988,062
6. Jack The Giants Slayer 1,617,450
7. Metro 1,589,526
8. Die Hard 5 1,573,753
9. What Men Are Doing 1,393,552
10. Chinese Zodiac 1,172,944

It's a mistake to compare IM3 with IM2, The Avengers changed everything.

• Like 1

I dont see a possible huge breakout from Despicable Me 2 or Monster University. Despicable Me grossed around 9mln three years ago. Monsters Inc. had only around 800k in the original release and around 1.8 mln in 3d re-release. Of course both should increase compared to their predecessors but not enough to make into yearly top5. 

The Iron Man3 is a big wild card. After a big success last year they are promoting it as a sort of sequel to The Avengers. And actually it might work.  

Both The Croods and Oz passed 3m admissions. The Croods is well behind in gross so that  means a lot of kids tickets. Oz played here more like a typical fantasy film. And with the end of school holidays daily grossed should drop really hard. 

If The Croods can pass $20m (it's a new franchise) so Monsters University can do it as well

Well, considering TA did about 43M, I thought IM3 doing more than half of that would be great already  :unsure: But of course, if it can gross 30M+ then I'll be a very happy fan  :D

Don't forget : strong inflation of ticket prices in Russia, so it can do $40m with less admissions than Avengers!

If The Croods can pass $20m (it's a new franchise) so Monsters University can do it as well

Yes, but Dreamworks is bigger than Pixar in Russia. The croods has already made more than any Pixar film has ever done.