Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

1,171,042 admissions for the weekend and 1,282,874 including Monday

$9,316,936 weekend gross + $724,090 Monday, $10,041,026 total

Despite 2D average ticket price is higher than for G.I.Joe 2 and on par with Jurassic Park. 

It's a good performance!

Around 690k Tuesday Oblivion. 10.73m total.

This week:

The Legendary №17 1400 screens

Kon-Tiki 600 screens

The Place Beyound The Pines 330 screens

The Lords of Salem 400 screens

Welcome to the Punch 300 screens

No One Lives 250 screens

The Legendary №17 should easily have the best start for Russian movies this year. Between 7 and 9 mln. 

600 screens for Kon-Tiki looks rather weird. Especially with pirate copies available everywhere for several months. Anything above $1000 per screen should be pretty good. 

Not a fight. MOS and MU both wont do well here.

I think they will succeed.

The Croods is a new franchise and grossed $27m, so MU can succeed.

Man of Steel is a very ambitious Hollywood movie like Russians love them, no reason to fail. People didn't believe in The Avengers last year, same thing for Django Unchained this year...But they have been successful in Russia.

I think they will succeed.

The Croods is a new franchise and grossed $27m, so MU can succeed.

Man of Steel is a very ambitious Hollywood movie like Russians love them, no reason to fail. People didn't believe in The Avengers last year, same thing for Django Unchained this year...But they have been successful in Russia.

The Croods grossed between How to Train a Dragon and Kung Fu Panda. Nothing extraordinary with strong DreamWorks brend.  

But Pixar that's a different world. Toy story 3 grossed only 6.65 mln in 2010. Monsters inc. didnt do well in re-release.

Your logic is flawed.

• Like 1

The Croods grossed between How to Train a Dragon and Kung Fu Panda. Nothing extraordinary with strong DreamWorks brend.  

But Pixar that's a different world. Toy story 3 grossed only 6.65 mln in 2010. Monsters inc. didnt do well in re-release.

Your logic is flawed.

You can't base the gross of MU on the gross of a 3D release...Virtually every 3D release failed...And Monsters University is different from the previous Pixar movie : it's colored, diverse, and well promoted!

My logic isn't flawed at all, this movie can succeed, the potential is there.

Last year Rudolph expected a weak gross for Avengers based on the gross of previous superhero movies and he was wrong given it was a real success. MU and MoS can recreate this!

So, according to you, Pixar is doomed to fail in Russia whatever it releases???? I think it's preposterous! Why could Pixar not succeed there? MU can reach $20m, the only problem is the release the same day than Man of Steel given it will have less screens. And by the way, this year kids won't have their Ice Age or Madagascar, MU could replace that!

Edited by Shadow Fullbuster