Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Dont know what was wrong yesterday. Almost everything dropped on Friday including holdovers. Cant find a reasonable explanation except We are Millers previews. But those previews are only in 150-200 theaters.  Maybe for some reason Thursday was inflated.

-20% Elysium

-12% Smurfs 2

-9% RED 2

-18% Wolwerine

-13% The Conjuring 

Edited by juni78ukr

Dont know what was wrong yesterday. Almost everything dropped on Friday including holdovers. Cant find a reasonable explanation except We are Millers previews. But those previews are only in 150-200 theaters.  Maybe for some reason Thursday was inflated.

-20% Elysium

-12% Smurfs 2

-9% RED 2

-18% Wolwerine

-13% The Conjuring 

Wow that's bad. What do you think about We Are The Millers? After the success of Ted and The Hangover 3 I feel Russia is huge market for American comedies, and this one could have its place there.

Wow that's bad. What do you think about We Are The Millers? After the success of Ted and The Hangover 3 I feel Russia is huge market for American comedies, and this one could have its place there.

I think it can make good money here. Probably not huge like Ted or Hangover but still good.

Rentrak reported 170k in 121 theater yesterday. Should be more of course.  

• Like 1

I think it can make good money here. Probably not huge like Ted or Hangover but still good.

Rentrak reported 170k in 121 theater yesterday. Should be more of course.  

Agree, I expect something between $10m and $14m, that would be great already.

indeed

there are lots of comedies that deserve to get its BO yet they're nowhere near :(

i really want my money back still :D

A lot of comedies? I disagree, I mean this one is original, it's different from the usual comedies, so I liked it, it's not the funniest movie ever but the characters and the concept are all great.

Sony expects Elysium to be a sizeable player overseas, where it opened in its first 17 territories over the weekend, earning a promising $10.9 million for a worldwide total of $41.4 million. Russia led with $6.8 million, 46 percent ahead of District 9

In Russia Elysium beats Kinometro's forecasts

A lot of comedies? I disagree, I mean this one is original, it's different from the usual comedies, so I liked it, it's not the funniest movie ever but the characters and the concept are all great.

yeah a lot

just chanage the bear to his childhood bf

all the cliches are there

all the joke cliches are there

all the rom com & R rated comedy cliches are there

the only + of this film is Mila