Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Captain America failed here but given the Avengers effect I'm optimistic about the second one,around 20m total.

8.6m is not exactly a failure, but yeah, if movie will be better(+ not rusophobic), it could well go over 20m.

Did you know that in Russia "Captain America" called "First Avenger"?) No "America" in the title))

• Like 1

8.6m is not exactly a failure, but yeah, if movie will be better(+ not rusophobic), it could well go over 20m.Did you know that in Russia "Captain America" called "First Avenger"?) No "America" in the title))

I didn't know that,it's good to know :D however I still bet on 20m,that would mean around +140% over the first one :) But I hope for more of course.My heroic bet for next year is TASM2,I expect it over 30m,with 22m TASM was a success.

Considering how MOS did, I don't think Cap2 will do much better. He's too American much like Supes, in fact, the guy is even more extreme in that he's a American patriotism personified :lol:

Considering how MOS did, I don't think Cap2 will do much better. He's too American much like Supes, in fact, the guy is even more extreme in that he's a American patriotism personified :lol:

He is an Avenger more than anything else, so i think this will trump the fact that he is American....besides he is working with a russian assassin.

Edited by Ent

100% Cap is doomed here. They try to hide that he is America impersonated as they can hence "First Avenger: Different war" (soo stupid) name change. But only blind will not see that Steve is basically walking US flag. It will increase for sure due to Avengers popularity and Black Widow addition as a co-lead so I expect 10-15 mil for it. Legs would depend on how campy in Russian department will be story of Winter Soldier himself -if it will be heavy handled and full on stereotypes WOM will be toxic.

• Like 2

According to polls I saw some time ago most young Russians have a good opinion about the US and are open-minded about the rest of the world.The 'American' drawback is overrated,the young audiences don't care.

CBM in Russia in 20131) IM3 : $44.2 m2) MOS : $10.4m3) Wolverine : $22,3m4) TDW : projecting $30+ m

the only SH movie able to pass IM3 in the near future should be The Avengers.I'm optimistic about Superman vs Batman as well,I see it around 25m or more.

Maybe if they play their cards they can make an impact with WINTER SOLDIER

I doubt they even make that guy has any affiliations with Russians. So if not, don't think how much impact he can really make, considering that he's just a

lackey/henchmen

who is bad-ass and nothing more. The main purpose of WS is to provide personal conflicts for Steve, so it'll all circle around back to Cap.They could play up a romantic angle between him and BW, that could help maybe?

Edited by Sam

My heroic bet for next year is TASM2,I expect it over 30m,with 22m TASM was a success.

For now, there is nobody to stop spider-man from getting ~30m on the calendar, so there is a big chance and potential for increase. Maybe even ~40m, but movie and marketing should be really good.

• Like 1

For now, there is nobody to stop spider-man from getting ~30m on the calendar, so there is a big chance and potential for increase. Maybe even ~40m, but movie and marketing should be really good.

yes,40m could be possible with inflation,more screens,no competition from another blockbuster and a good release date,after the Sochi Olympics and well before the World Cup.
  • Like 1

I doubt they even make that guy has any affiliations with Russians. So if not, don't think how much impact he can really make, considering that he's just a

lackey/henchmen

who is bad-ass and nothing more. The main purpose of WS is to provide personal conflicts for Steve, so it'll all circle around back to Cap.They could play up a romantic angle between him and BW, that could help maybe?

I was mostly going with marketting given that we don't know how his background gonna play in the movie. Black Widow should definitely help and romance might be a good way

I was mostly going with marketting given that we don't know how his background gonna play in the movie. Black Widow should definitely help and romance might be a good way

I get ya. But considering that he's a villain, the more Russian connections he has, the worse. They tried to separate Red Skull from Nazis as much as possible in TFA, let's see how they'll handle this one.
  • Like 1

I get ya. But considering that he's a villain, the more Russian connections he has, the worse. They tried to separate Red Skull from Nazis as much as possible in TFA, let's see how they'll handle this one.

I hope thy will not use Russian connection in WS case at all. It will help intensively + having bad-ass BW is a big bonus as she is Russian and one of the good team. Hope marketing will capitalize on here here.

• Like 1

I hope thy will not use Russian connection in WS case at all. It will help intensively + having bad-ass BW is a big bonus as she is Russian and one of the good team. Hope marketing will capitalize on here here.

Well, I agree to an extent. But stripping the guy off all Russian connections would mean rewriting all the essentials of that character's background. That could potentially go wrong. Also, it offers little window to link him with BW like their fans wish to see. I honestly don't care really. As long as he served his main purpose, all fine by me.Definitely agree about playing up Natasha over there.Oh wow, Cap is still far away. I got sidetracked, lol.Glad to see TDW doing well in Russia :wub: Big thanks to juni and Cosmonaut for all the updates :D
  • Like 1