Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

I think Hollywood shouldn't care about the Winter Soldier and keep all his Russian connections,a movie and the original books shouldn't be modified or altered because of nationalistic people..a good movie can't do this kind of pandering like a gross politician,loyalty to the comic books is the best thing to do.

what's the problem?The Avengers 2 will be between POTC4 and Avatar imo,or 65m-117m.It could become the second movie reaching 100m,but it's a bit optimistic for sure.A 100% increase would mean 86m

You're talking like 60 mill is a walk in the park. Its not in russia.
  • Like 1

You're talking like 60 mill is a walk in the park. Its not in russia.

In 2015 the Russian market will be bigger and TA heroes will be more famous.60m would mean +35%,it's reasonable,records will be broken in a growing market,it's quite normal

how do you know POTC5 can't do it?

Depends on the quality, of course, may be, but the chances are so tiny, looking from today, there is a lot of factors, it'll take a lot of time for all "if's".So let's just look at POTC4 result alone, the facts we have: it had ground-breaking quantity of copies - 1716(it's more than 2500 if you compare to today's situation, most movies had less than thousand), huge marketing, expectations were high because previous parts for so good, ruble cost more(1 usd = 28 rub), but movie came out to be pretty average compare to the original trilogy, and i think a lot of people will remember that.

Edited by Cosmonaut

I see your point,and it's reasonable.However big franchises don't decline in Russia,they increase over the previous movies.POTC5 will benefit from 4 years of growth of the market (around 65-70% bigger and much more screens,particularly imax) and the marketing will be huge as well.I see a small increase,5-10% ahead.