Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Yes, I'm not a Twilight fan, but I gave this estimate because it fit to the growth of Twilight movies in Russia.I know the Russian BO better now, so I know I was too optimistic, the market isn't so big, but it will be very big one day :D (bigger than Japan).So, this is my new predictions, with my better knowledge ;)-The Avengers : $40m-Men In Black 3 : $23m-Ice Age 4 : $65m-Madagascar 3 : $45m-Twilight 4-2 : $43m-The Amazing Spiderman : $40m-Batman TDKR : $35m-Bilbo : $70m

Yes, I'm not a Twilight fan, but I gave this estimate because it fit to the growth of Twilight movies in Russia.I know the Russian BO better now, so I know I was too optimistic, the market isn't so big, but it will be very big one day :D (bigger than Japan).So, this is my new predictions, with my better knowledge ;)-The Avengers : $40m-Men In Black 3 : $23m-Ice Age 4 : $65m-Madagascar 3 : $45m-Twilight 4-2 : $43m-The Amazing Spiderman : $40m-Batman TDKR : $35m-Bilbo : $70m

So you'r3e saying that BD2 will make more in Russia than BD1 did?

So you'r3e saying that BD2 will make more in Russia than BD1 did?

-Twilight New Moon (2009) : $18.6 million-Twilight Eclipse (2010) : $26.4 million-Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011) : $31.8 millionGiven the growth of Russian BO and Twilight yeah I think so.But $43m is optimistic,$35m-$40m should be the real numbers.

The box-office in the Soviet Union was far and away above that of today, and it still is. There were tens of thousands of theaters around the country, and tens of millions of admissions was the norm for big films. Avatar's got nothing on that.

I don't understand why movies had many more millions of admissions than they do now. Were theater chains destroyed or something?

I don't understand why movies had many more millions of admissions than they do now. Were theater chains destroyed or something?

You know that America had 4400m admission in 1946 and 1300m now? What happened here?

Nope, I've never been to that side of the world.I was just surprised that Soviet Union had so many theaters since they are always calling Russia an emerging market like China.

China had 29.300m admissions in 1979 same reason.

India could have the same decrease in admissions, prices are very low there.BTW who cares? Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore, and it was way more populated than this Russia we know (twice as much as populated).

India could have the same decrease in admissions, prices are very low there.BTW who cares? Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore, and it was way more populated than this Russia we know (twice as much as populated).

when we say Russia here, we always mean Cis- Ukraine

on Tuesday USA (DOM) : Russia(Cis) = 17.7 : 3.8 (despite holiday) who loves his Superheroes?

You can't be serious in comparing these 2 countries, the US is the home country of comics, they're big fans..Russia didn't know them compared to some European countries because the country were closed / isolated during the soviet era, and too poor in 90s...

India's admissinos are decreasing also2006: 3997m2010: 2705.9m

when we say Russia here, we always mean Cis- Ukraine

The other countries are pretty small and not developed about theaters / infrastructures, you know Russia is the big player there, certainly 85% of the Russia-CIS market Edited by Fullbuster

You can't be serious in comparing these 2 countries, the US is the home country of comics, they're big fans..Russia didn't know them compared to some European countries because the country were closed / isolated during the soviet era, and too poor in 90s...

It is no shame at all losing this match, but losing against Quebec with Intouchables is.

The other countries are pretty small and not developed about theaters / infrastructures, you know Russia is the big player there, certainly 85% of the Russia-CIS market

I've been to Kazachstan, Uzbekistan, Armenia and Georgia I know.