Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

The Exp3 leaked DVD screener several weeks ago probably helped hurt it in Russia. Isn't that the reason given for Snowpiercer never getting a theatrical release there and even making a DVD release there unlikely because the extent of pirating?

Of course that leak has to hurt the movie. I know quite a few people who planned to see it in theatre but since all of them have seen the movie there's no reason for them to do so. Piracy sucks.

• Like 2

Actually, TF4 increased much more in Rubles compared to TF3. Exchange rate just sucks right now. 

I was aware of that but even taking the exchange rate into consideration most of the movies seemed to have no problem getting some nice increase. :)

I was aware of that but even taking the exchange rate into consideration most of the movies seemed to have no problem getting some nice increase. :)

Brazil won't be affected by this piracy problem I think, it seems there is a strong anticipation for it.

Brazil won't be affected by this piracy problem I think, it seems there is a strong anticipation for it.

It needs to break out big in Brazil and LA to make up for all the losses though. I know it's not doing much in US and AUS and I can't count on Asian markets either since piracy is very big there.

Weekend actuals

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5,178,906 - 20,973,100 (-53,9%) 2

2. The Expendables 3 3,740,212 1025 1

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 3,440,631 - 30,777,037 (-42,7%) 3

4. Into the Storm 1,412,246 - 5,239,629 (-46,2%) 2

5. The Secret of Four Princesses 678,103 1090 1

6. Hercules 324,044 - 22,258,313 (-65,5%) 4

7. Sex Tape 165,968 - 6,291,651 (-53,1%) 4

8. Sous les jupes des filles 96,649 43 1

9. Instructions Not Included 96,428 128 1

10. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 86,902 - 21,080,688 (-64,3%) 5

The Expendables 3 dropped by 47% in RUB and by 53 in USD.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 815k Monday + 730k Tuesday. 22.52 mln total

Guardians of the Galaxy 555k Monday + 538k Tuesday. 31.87 mln total

The Expendables 2 478k Monday + 450k Tuesday  4.67 mln total

Into The Storm 233k Monday + 233k Tuesday. 5.71 mln total. 

• Like 7

Yeah, with IM3, Thor 2 and now GOTG, I can only imagine what TA:AoU will do? 60-70M might be possible. 

Yes it's likely, but if the exchange rates are the same than now that will be an uphill battle...It will beat the first one quite easily that's for sure but beyond that there is no certainty.

Can someone tell me what Ex3 made OW in Russia?  It doesn't actually say anywhere here.

edit....sorry, it made less than 4 million?  Oh man....if I was LG I'd be out for blood.

Edited by baumer