Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@johnfalkon the sale on Ekino seems really big, but are they evenly spread as normal or very heavily skewed to say IMAX screens or other PLFs in big screens. I am asking because in that case, it may be very pre-sales loaded, though Russia seems like is pretty much walk-in country.

I think it is rather normally spread.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, johnfalkon said:

Dune Tuesday 18:00 pre-sales - 246 752 $ and 109 566 $ OD

Blade Runner 2049 final pre-sales - 101 209 $ and 285.05 mil rub or 4.93 mil $ OW 

WOW

Dune Tuesday 22:00 pre-sales - 417 296 $ and 186 252 $ OD

Venom final pre-sales - 624 159 $ and 952.59 mil rub or 14.37 mil $ OW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 5

20 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@johnfalkon the sale on Ekino seems really big, but are they evenly spread as normal or very heavily skewed to say IMAX screens or other PLFs in big screens. I am asking because in that case, it may be very pre-sales loaded, though Russia seems like is pretty much walk-in country.

Although you were right. But I think this fundamentally does not change anything, the start will be huge anyway.

https://www.kinometro.ru/analytics/show/name/forecast_releases_16092021

At the same time, there is a very strong attention of the audience to buying tickets for premium formats, with moderate activity of viewers in relation to conventional viewing forms. This is usually the case for projects with a very strong fan base.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, johnfalkon said:

Although you were right. But I think this fundamentally does not change anything, the start will be huge anyway.

https://www.kinometro.ru/analytics/show/name/forecast_releases_16092021

At the same time, there is a very strong attention of the audience to buying tickets for premium formats, with moderate activity of viewers in relation to conventional viewing forms. This is usually the case for projects with a very strong fan base.

Yeah I guess final OD sales may be $400K, that shall get $1.5-1.75M opening day very least. Should be $8M weekend including CIS unless it is very frontloaded.

@johnfalkon Zootopia was pretty much WoM hit everywhere but in Russia pre-sales are huge ₽100M+. Why?

Also saw TFA pre-sales were ₽100M plus as well but OW was just ₽765M in Russia. May be Dune face something of similar sorts.

And Suicide Squad beat opening day record with just ₽35M pre-sales. It's like pre-sales don't even matter in Russia.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

26 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@johnfalkon Zootopia was pretty much WoM hit everywhere but in Russia pre-sales are huge ₽100M+. Why?

Also saw TFA pre-sales were ₽100M plus as well but OW was just ₽765M in Russia. May be Dune face something of similar sorts.

And Suicide Squad beat opening day record with just ₽35M pre-sales. It's like pre-sales don't even matter in Russia.

The habit of pre-sales has appeared relatively recently, maybe certain patterns have not yet developed. So, in theory, there can be surprises with a plus sign and a minus sign.

• Like 1