Eric Atreides

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

49 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

I think it should've chosen March 8th as a better release date. It's perfect distance (3 weeks) from the MCU February 16 movie and the Disney Live Action on March 22 (2 weeks before). Now it's only one week before the Disney Live Action and I am a bit worried it could be molested like Aladdin did to Kotm.

23 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Which monster are in this one?

The beach scene recently shown off on Australian TV has lifeguards with jackets that mention Rio de Janeiro, so we'll probably see that mammoth-looking dude from Godzilla 2 since that's where he was being held.

Anyway, I wonder if they're going to try and pull a No Way Home and keep Godzilla out of any and all marketing material in order to have him appear as a surprise third act reveal akin to Tobey and Andrew. This very studio already pulled such a stunt with MechaGodzilla in the last moviebefore toy manufacturers ruined the fun.  And admittedly Toho posting about this movie on their socials kind of ruined that potential surprise already, but still...

https://collider.com/godzilla-vs-kong-2-synopsis-monsterverse-sequel/

Spoiler

This latest entry follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

After directing Godzilla Vs. Kong, Adam Wingard is back to helm the sequel from a script by Terry Rossio (Godzilla vs. Kong), Jeremy Slater (Moon Knight), and Simon Barrett (You’re Next). The untitled movie will also feature returning cast members Rebecca Hall (The Night House Resurrection), Brian Tyree Henry (Bullet Train, Atlanta), and Kaylee Hottle (Godzilla vs. Kong). Newcomers to the cast include Dan Stevens (Legion, Beauty and the Beast), Fala Chen (Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings), Alex Ferns (The Batman, Chernobyl), and Rachel House (Thor: Ragnarok, Foundation).

Looks like this is indeed an actual Godzilla+Kong reunion and not Son of Kong as had previously been rumoured.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 4:08 PM, Brainbug said:

How did i not follow this thread????

Oh and

Get out of here! Godzilla destroyed that funny Ape like the hairball he was!

I always wondered by the BIg G just kept his distance from Kong and destroy him with his Atomic Breath. Kong really has no missile attack except throwing stuff.

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

https://collider.com/godzilla-vs-kong-2-synopsis-monsterverse-sequel/

Hide contents

This latest entry follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

After directing Godzilla Vs. Kong, Adam Wingard is back to helm the sequel from a script by Terry Rossio (Godzilla vs. Kong), Jeremy Slater (Moon Knight), and Simon Barrett (You’re Next). The untitled movie will also feature returning cast members Rebecca Hall (The Night House Resurrection), Brian Tyree Henry (Bullet Train, Atlanta), and Kaylee Hottle (Godzilla vs. Kong). Newcomers to the cast include Dan Stevens (Legion, Beauty and the Beast), Fala Chen (Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings), Alex Ferns (The Batman, Chernobyl), and Rachel House (Thor: Ragnarok, Foundation).

Looks like this is indeed an actual Godzilla+Kong reunion and not Son of Kong as had previously been rumoured.

It would be funny if they used that World Serpent fan idea for this movie. 

8 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

It seems like Millie Bobby Brown, Alan Skarsgard, Kyle Chandler, and Julian Dennison aren't returning?

Cinematographer Ben Seresin and composer Junkie XL are back too. 

:WHATanabe:

Not good. His GvK score was dull.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Glad Millie Bobby Brown is gone, sucks about Kyle Chandler, I loved his divorced dad energy in these. Junkie XL coming back is awful beyond belief. Godzilla/Kong team up is fine I guess but I'd rather see them do solo stuff again, but that's my bias as a G fan not wanting him to share lead status with Kong (who was definitely the lead monster in GvK). I think Wingard nailed the Kong stuff but his handling of Godzilla was ehhhhh.

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1