john2000

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness OS Thread

8 hours ago, SupermanLego said:

Does the MCU always need daddy china to cross the billion threshold ?

Out of 28 MCU movies released so far including MoM, 10 have made over $1B mark and 7 of them ( 4 Avengers Series, Black Panther, Iron Man 3 and No Way Home ) made it without China. And that's still excluding MoM which other have said and explained it would easily pass billion without China had it opened and wasn't banned in other territories. But whatever, let's just tak about facts only so MoM is excluded. The ones who needed daddy China are Civil War, Captain Marvel and Far From Home.

In total 7 of 28 MCU films or (25% of them) didn't need daddy China.

On the other hand, DCEU with 10 films so far only has 1 movie that pass $1B mark which is Aquaman but thanks to daddy China contribution. Without daddy China, Aquaman wouldn't made it. Therefore none of the DCEU films pass billion without daddy China. An outstanding 0% ratio.

Taking a bigger picture (DC brand movies) , only Joker, TDK, TDKR from DC brand that made it without daddy China.

Looking at this, I just realize something. Perhaps your question might be better and more fitted to be asked to another brand. 

:Venom:

• Like 3

Moderation: @SupermanLego has been thread banned for 24 hours for trolling. To the rest of the guys, why feed the troll? I mean look at his post history. 

So lets put an end to this China debate here and not engage in any fandom wars in this thread. Ignore the troll and report any such posts rather than replying. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Claudio said:

Out of 28 MCU movies released so far including MoM, 10 have made over $1B mark and 7 of them ( 4 Avengers Series, Black Panther, Iron Man 3 and No Way Home ) made it without China. And that's still excluding MoM which other have said and explained it would easily pass billion without China had it opened and wasn't banned in other territories. But whatever, let's just tak about facts only so MoM is excluded. The ones who needed daddy China are Civil War, Captain Marvel and Far From Home.

In total 7 of 28 MCU films or (25% of them) didn't need daddy China.

On the other hand, DCEU with 10 films so far only has 1 movie that pass $1B mark which is Aquaman but thanks to daddy China contribution. Without daddy China, Aquaman wouldn't made it. Therefore none of the DCEU films pass billion without daddy China. An outstanding 0% ratio.

Taking a bigger picture (DC brand movies) , only Joker, TDK, TDKR from DC brand that made it without daddy China.

Looking at this, I just realize something. Perhaps your question might be better and more fitted to be asked to another brand. 

:Venom:

All MoM need to have to break billion is not china obviously based on the historical trend of MCU films. A slightly better legs will simply do the trick and MoM is terrible at it, a 3 weeks for itself in a relatively quiet market yet still making only 2.1x legs across the board. There is no way to spin it. A horror take on the brand give you a “horror” genre holding power apparently. 

New Market - Ukraine ($145K)

Top 5 Int. Market

#1 UK : $51.4M

#2 Korea : $49.2M

#3 Mexico : $40.6M

#4 Brazil : $33.1M

#5 France : $27.7M

Spoiler

From Deadline Hollywood

Directed by Sam Raimi, the Benedict Cumberbatch-starrer added $5.4M in 48 markets this session, dropping 58%. Ukraine kicked off to $145K, besting the recent openings of The Batman and Top Gun: Maverick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Wait. The country is in a war and they are going to movies. WOW. 

As far as i know, since practically all fighting has been concentrated in the Eastern and Southern part of the country, in the west many cinemas have re-opened.

• Like 2

Just now, longleo90 said:

when does this movie end in theaters? Can you tell me

It will still be in theaters for another 5-6 weeks but it will continuously drop by about 50% a week from here out. Not to mention it comes to Disney+ in 3 days. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I hope they'll remember to update also the international gross, it hasn't changed in a month

Anyway I'm still convinced this movie deserved better reviews (and legs), Marvel movies have never been masterpieces but the audience have suddenly become film critics only for Doctor Strange...