Japan : ~$3.5M (¥450M)

Australia : $2.3M (AU$3.2M)

Italy : $2.1M (€2M)

Taiwan : ~$950K (NT$28M)

Malaysia : $750K (RM3.1M)

Hong Kong : $650K (HK$5.12M)

Singapore : $490K (SG$670K)

New Zealand : $290K (NZ$450K)

Crazy start in South Korea, and for Italy in theory 2.03M euros should be a bit over 2.2M dollars

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Some OD numbers

Korea : $5.8M

Japan : ~$3.5M (¥450M)

Australia : $2.3M (AU$3.2M)

Italy : $2.1M (€2M)

Taiwan : ~$950K (NT$28M)

Malaysia : $750K (RM3.1M)

Hong Kong : $650K (HK$5.12M)

Singapore : $490K (SG$670K)

New Zealand : $290K (NZ$450K)

Those all look so big.

I'd expect Germany to be around €1.9M

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Disney's Numbers

Korea : $5.9M

Japan : $3.8M

Mexico : $3.5M

France : $3.0M

Brazil : $2.7M

Italy : $2.2M

Germany : $1.8M

Rest of LATAM $4.1M 

$27.2M Int. OD

Mexico number is preview and not included in the 27M+ OD

1 hour ago, Landon1195 said:

I think this proves that NWH made less than Infinity War in Asia because of covid restrictions, not because they don't care about the Tobey

Wasn't South Korea the only country with serious restrictions during December and January (maybe also Indonesia)? It definitely lost 20M there but apart from that... 

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Disney's Numbers

Korea : $5.9M

Japan : $3.8M

France : $3.0M

Italy : $2.2M

Germany : $1.8M

$27.2M Int. OD

Ouch @Germany - $1.8M (1.7M€) isn't so good; either less than 160k admissions or ATP wasn't as high as I expected ($11.25$ ~ 10.7€ - isn't really high for an opening day of a movie that seemed roughly 30-40% 3D - expected OD ATP to be somewhat higher).

EDIT: My mistake - I looked up NWH ATP over its whole run and it's only 10,08€ (Avatar was €10.14 thirteen years ago) - highest of a big release seems to be TLJ at 11.77€ (then TROS 11.46€, TFA 11.32€, Rouge One €11.23 and Endgame €11.21 above €11).
So that could give an Idea for ATP of Avatar 2 - might (if done right) be first movie above 12€.

Edited by Taruseth

54 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Wasn't South Korea the only country with serious restrictions during December and January (maybe also Indonesia)? It definitely lost 20M there but apart from that... 

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing because NWH run in Japan was lower than expected too. Did they also have restrictions?

19 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing because NWH run in Japan was lower than expected too. Did they also have restrictions?

MCUs aren't that popular in Japan. There are generally frontloaded &works on holidays. NWH reached ¥4.19B here, just behind A:EG (¥6.12B). NWH didn't had holidays (only one on it's 4-days extended OW : Monday) while Endgame was playing on Golden Week holidays. 

EDIT: Avengers: Endgame : ¥4,086,469,300 in 11 days [till last day of Golden Week holidays]

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

MCUs aren't that popular in Japan. There are generally frontloaded &works on holidays. NWH reached ¥4.19B here, just behind A:EG (¥6.12B). NWH didn't had holidays (only one on it's 4-days extended OW : Monday) while Endgame was playing on Golden Week holidays. 

EDIT: Avengers: Endgame : ¥4,086,469,300 in 11 days [till last day of Golden Week holidays]

Got it. But Tobey's trilogy was extremely popular in Japan right?, more than 99% of cbm's since then. I would've thought that Tobey coming back would've atleast had it doing much better than your average MCU/DC flick. But oh well,. I guess.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cookieleeann said:

Got it. But Tobey's trilogy was extremely popular in Japan right?, more than 99% of cbm's since then. I would've thought that Tobey coming back would've atleast had it doing much better than your average MCU/DC flick. But oh well,. I guess.

I believe not only cbm, Hollywood film in general are on declining trend in the past decade, only to be moderated by few musical hit and animation. 

• Like 2

Dr Strange - In The Multiverse Of Madness Takes A Fantastic Opening

Dr Strange - In The Multiverse Of Madness took a fantastic 55-60% opening on average across India. This is huge occupancy considering its a non holiday. The occupancy is a little short of the last Hollywood blockbuster Spiderman - No Way Home but it has higher ticket rates than Spiderman - Now Way Home which can cover the shortfall.

The advances were also very much similar to Spiderman - No Way Home with collections being same while admits were a little less. The film should be able to hit the 30 crore nett mark on day one but the Spiderman - No Way Home number will depend on how the film fares in the languages as these versions depend more how collections move on the day rather than the advance.

Also Spiderman is a far more known superhero than Dr Strange in India and that could mean this film may not be as strong as Spiderman - No Way Home in the mass circuits. At the time of Spiderman - No Way Home release there were restrictions due to covid19 especially in Maharashtra so here Dr Strange has chances to score better here on the first day.

Spidrman - No Way Home also had a huge out performance in South with insane collections in all southern circuits and its quite likely Dr Strange will do the same but not to the level of Spiderman - No Way Home which may mean that some of the Hindi circuits go over Spiderman - No Way Home even if the all India number does not.

Wherever the final number land ups, the film is going to be a huge success in India thanks to this huge opening.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=6898
  • Like 1