john2000

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness OS Thread

Some International Totals

South Korea ($14.7M), Mexico ($8M), UK ($6M), Japan ($5.3M), Brazil ($5.1M), France ($4.5M), Australia ($4M), Italy ($3.3M), Germany ($2.9M) &Malaysia ($2.8M)

-12% behind NWH but +197% ahead of The Batman.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Some International Totals

South Korea ($14.7M), Mexico ($8M), UK ($6M), Japan ($5.3M), Brazil ($5.1M), France ($4.5M), Australia ($4M), Italy ($3.3M), Germany ($2.9M) &Malaysia ($2.8M)

-12% behind NWH but +197% ahead of The Batman.

NWH will be a really different Monster for Doctor Strange. Curious to see the increase from the first movie

55 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

why marvel choose not to release DS2 in late April for overseas market like previous marvel films? They will be able to capitalise the labour day holiday weekend. 

Because it was a Sunday anyway

MOM IMAX Performence is also super impressive,the IMAX preview in DOM was $4.2m,5th biggest of all-time ,in oversea market,it break IMAX Opening day record in five markets,include UAE,Malaysia,India,indonesia and Singapore

in South korea is 3th best IMAX OD ever ,two days total IMAX gross is the biggest of all-time,Beating Avengers:Endgane record.

Edited by Bruce

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

why marvel choose not to release DS2 in late April for overseas market like previous marvel films? They will be able to capitalise the labour day holiday weekend. 

I think it has something to do with the post-production. Recent Marvel movies couldn't be finished until the very last minute. Didn't they push their slate back when DS2 was about to do reshoots?

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Like 1

From DL

Current estimates have the first three days offshore at just 17% below Spider-Man: No Way Home, 180% ahead of The Batman and +207% above the first Doctor Strange on a like-for-like basis.

International markets are holding fast and setting new records. Friday added five more hubs to take the total to 49. India debuted the Sam Raimi-directed pic at $4.3M for No. 1 and the fourth-highest Hollywood launch day of all time. Spain’s No. 1 start of $2.5M is the best opening day of the pandemic and Turkey’s $700K set a benchmark for the top opening Friday in history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaverickXXR said:

Wonder if the OS markets can reach $700M. The start is strong enough even with legs coming in 20% under NWH, it would get there. 

It’s -17% now but will be more for full opening, -20 optimistically I think. Legs at least 25% worse for 60% or below finish, and NWH-R-banned counties is like 1040 or something iirc? Maybe a bit less. So can’t see it topping 630 or so, +-600 would be my guess. Barely billie but gets the job done.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

It’s -17% now but will be more for full opening, -20 optimistically I think. Legs at least 25% worse for 60% or below finish, and NWH-R-banned counties is like 1040 or something iirc? Maybe a bit less. So can’t see it topping 630 or so, +-600 would be my guess. Barely billie but gets the job done.

Fail. Sam Raimi has ruined my 2022. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MaverickXXR said:

Fail. Sam Raimi has ruined my 2022. 

Considering the quality of the movie, 400 DOM and 1B in the markets it released in is quite an accomplishment. God Feige remains a menace.