john2000

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness OS Thread

25 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

12M in Germany - yeah, I have a really hard time believing this - probably going to be closer to 10M. (800k adm ~€9M ~$9.5M)

Also 60M Sunday seems way to big - probably overestimated by like 10M, unless previous days come in notably higher.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

12M in Germany - yeah, I have a really hard time believing this - probably going to be closer to 10M. (800k adm ~€9M ~$9.5M)

Also 60M Sunday seems way to big - probably overestimated by like 10M, unless previous days come in notably higher.

Disney doesnt overestimate that much,at worst i would say 5 mill overestimate.

20 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I dunno, international numbers are usually under-reported and go up with actuals. I wouldn't be surprised by 10M up but would be by 10M down.

18 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Disney doesnt overestimate that much,at worst i would say 5 mill overestimate.

Hopefully you are right, or the ATP in Germany for DS is really, rally high.

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I dunno, international numbers are usually under-reported and go up with actuals. I wouldn't be surprised by 10M up but would be by 10M down.

I was looking at the German numbers and I am not certain they will stay, as I explained I expect them to go down 2m (unless ATP on Saturday and Sunday was really, really high). 

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

In the list up til Saturday Germany isn't even included.

So assuming 8.5M until Saturday (over 4 days) it got another 3.5m today (with great weather), I expect today to be closer to 2m or maybe even slightly below it.

The other numbers do look more believable though, so you are probably right, but 10M increase would shock me in this case.

#DoctorStrange in 14 intel Markets go into TOP10 opening weekend list

NO.1 Turkey

NO.4 Brazil, India(MPA only)

NO.5 Malaysia, Mexico, Chile, Paraguay

NO.6 Korea

NO.7 Colombia, Central America

NO.8 Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador

NO.10 Philippines

Via Disney

9 markets win No way home
Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, 
Thailand, Singapore,.Chile, Trinidad, Turkey, Romania.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Taruseth said:

Yeah that doesn't feel like will happen. So like $2.5M overestimated in Germany. 

465M will be tough to top since most of estimates seems like are at par though can always acts surprise and count those Thailand money that they act don't exist outside Bangkok.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Is Eid day bad at BO? Would have liked to release on Tue.

Not sure, but I would say yes. Just like Xmas day in western countries I guess. Here the first Eid day was Monday. But the 2nd day (which was Tue), and the following 5 days, were REALLY good for BO, the biggest week in the whole year. So it could've been released on Tue or the usual Wed. But, this is not confirmed, I think DS2 was pushed to Thu, to give local Eid films a space to breathe. There were 3 films, released on April 30, one of them is a huge local blockbuster. Again, I don't know if that's the reason, but that's what I assume.

Edited by catlover

Amazing opening!!!! Beating No Time to Die as the 2nd biggest Hollywood blockbuster of the pandemic is locked, even without China, Russia, Ukraine and some Middle East countries. Over $700m OS is the target, $1b worldwide is locked.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Juby said:

Amazing opening!!!! Beating No Time to Die as the 2nd biggest Hollywood blockbuster of the pandemic is locked, even without China, Russia, Ukraine and some Middle East countries. Over $700m OS is the target, $1b worldwide is locked.

Sorry I don't see this making Joker OS numbers loool this is frontloaded af. The second week will determine that though.

Edited by SupermanLego
  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1