The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

3 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

It's gonna do fine, we just had a sony film that was panned by critics open really well a month ago, unless mornius is green lantern level trash it should do 40-50m ow

Feels like it could be mega trash though. And Morbius isn't exactly Venom to begin with.

5 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

It's gonna do fine, we just had a sony film that was panned by critics open really well a month ago, unless mornius is green lantern level trash it should do 40-50m ow

I know, that was a joke :qotd: though i have no hopes for Morbius' legs after the OW.

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Feels like it could be mega trash though. And Morbius isn't exactly Venom to begin with.

I was referring to Uncharted but I still think OW will be really good and maybe audiences end up loving it despite critics hating it ala Uncharted or Venom.

So, since it seems almost no one has seen The Lost City here...

It's a GOOD movie!  Very funny, and Brad Pitt steals the show for me.  I vacillate on whether I like or hate Daniel Radcliffe in the role b/c I can't decide if he, like Pitt, embodies the absolute stereotype of the romance novel character archetype...or if there's just no way he's a believable villain even when he's trying to be:).

The fam grades ranged from B+ to B-.  I actually gave it the highest grade (okay, my easiest grader did, too).  Maybe it's b/c I am the market for this.

Very fun, many laughs...a little drag here or there and a little on the nose at times, but I'm happy I paid to see it (and the audience was, too...although only about 50% filled tonight at my showing)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, since it seems almost no one has seen The Lost City here...

It's a GOOD movie!  Very funny, and Brad Pitt steals the show for me.  I vacillate on whether I like or hate Daniel Radcliffe in the role b/c I can't decide if he, like Pitt, embodies the absolute stereotype of the romance novel character archetype...or if there's just no way he's a believable villain even when he's trying to be:).

The fam grades ranged from B+ to B-.  I actually gave it the highest grade (okay, my easiest grader did, too).  Maybe it's b/c I am the market for this.

Very fun, many laughs...a little drag here or there and a little on the nose at times, but I'm happy I paid to see it (and the audience was, too...although only about 50% filled tonight at my showing)...

I did. I just...didn't feel like talking about it. Which I guess gives you a good hint on how I felt about it :lol: 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Northman is moving imo, I just feel it in my bones (plus it feels weird that the chain I work for hasn’t even begun making allocations yet in competitive markets).

I don't think it is. They released a TV spot type thing on social media.

It has just been marketed so nonexistently that people (likeBOPro) just assume it's moving.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Northman is moving imo, I just feel it in my bones (plus it feels weird that the chain I work for hasn’t even begun making allocations yet in competitive markets).

It is not moving and they already set the on sale date.  It's absolutely coming out.  

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

52 minutes ago, DAJK said:

There's nothing suggesting that, they started to update social media again last Tuesday. A TV spot with new scenes dropped yesterday actually confirming the date. 

The marketing is definitely awful, i suspect because they know a +100M rated r movie in this environment hardly will do great numbers and they're avoiding spending even more with excessive campaign, but the marketing is starting and it's being consistent this week.

EmpireCity also confirmed they already set the date for presales, so a new trailer and more agressive marketing it's probably about to start, maybe even tomorrow on the Oscar.

Edited by ThomasNicole

31-32m is just below Birds of Prey's 33m OW which is one of the higher during Oscar weekend of last decade:

April 23-25 2021: Mortal Kombat- 23.3m (Nomadland)

Feb 7-9 2020: Birds of Prey- 33m (Parasite)

Feb 22-24 2019: How To Train Your Dragon 3- 55m (Green Book)

March 2-4 2018: Black Panther (2nd weekend)- 66.3m (The Shape of Water)

Feb 24-26 2017: Get Out- 33.3m (Moonlight)

Feb 26-28 2016: Deadpool (3rd weekend)- 31.1m (Spotlight)

Feb 20-22 2015: 50 Shades of Grey- (2nd weekend)- 22.2m (Birdman)

Feb 28-March 2 2014: Non-Stop- 28.8m (12 Years a Slave)

Feb 22-24 2013: Identity Thief (3rd weekend)- 14m (Argo)

Feb 24-26 2012: Act of Valor- 24.4m (The Artist)

Feb 25-27 2011: Hall Pass- 13.5m (The King's Speech)

March 5-7 2010: Alice in Wonderland- 116.1m (The Hurt Locker)

• Like 1