The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

14 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I kinda imagine a legacy sequel with her, Clooney (yes I know he "died" off screen but that can easily be retconned Ralph Wiggum style), Pitt and Roberts.

Yes he died but that really seemed also open for interpretation. It's such an easy thing to explain in a script. He faked his death to get people off his trail blah blah blah and Sandra Bullock was even in on it and just played the game and all that kind of stuff.

I think you could make another Ocean's movie with a great crossover between the men and women.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I was half expecting Clooney to show up at the end when Bullock goes to his grave and says "you would have enjoyed it" with him showing up behind her and saying "I did".

It feels like they kept it as open ended as possible so that they can bring Clooney back if needed.

"I thought you were dead!?"

"Well... about that... *Gives that quasi-smug movie star look into the camera*"

CUT TO TITLE CARD - OCEAN'S REVENGE

• Like 2

$20.5m for The Batman would be a better hold than I was expecting this weekend, hoping actuals come in close to that figure. Really happy for an original IP like The Lost City. Gonna see it next weekend along with Morbius (for the meme)

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 1

I am at the early show of the lost city and it's actually kind of busy for a Sunday morning, there must be 50 people here right now.

I just had a fascinating conversation with a 19 or 20 year old concessions vendor. We started talking about X. He wants to see it, I told him it was really good. Then our age difference came up but he said that he really wants to see it because of kid Cudi. We both mentioned Jenny ortega. I asked him if he had seen the original Ring because  Martin Henderson is in the movie as well and he said that he hadn't. I told him that he should and he said that he would.

It's always fascinating having a conversation about a movie that you're both interested in even though you're 30 years apart.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

"I thought you were dead!?"

"Well... about that... *Gives that quasi-smug movie star look into the camera*"

CUT TO TITLE CARD - OCEAN'S REVENGE

Your version here kind of sounds like a scene in commando LOL

Bennett I thought you were....

Dead?!

• Haha 1

Trailer for the next top gun is playing and there's no way Tom Cruise is 60. he's definitely got the reverse aging serum for sure

Overall is solid weekend but not big enough to bring the weekend total to above 100m. I don’t really think the next few weeks will be overcrowded field since there are at least another 50m to 60m gross will be up for grab, judging from the total box office.

25 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Does that include Thursday too? 

Some extreme frontloading going on there. Thursday to Sunday multiplier of like 3x? 

The $35-40 ticket prices too, so divide the gross by 4. 

6 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Really not so sure certain Top Gun: Maverick is gonna fly. For lack of a better phrase. 

OW may come crashing down or reach new heights.

5 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Really not so sure certain Top Gun: Maverick is gonna fly. For lack of a better phrase. 

It's a wild card. What do you predict for it as of now? If it flops, it's gonna be embarrassing for Par since they had faith in it delaying it for two years

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

It's a wild card. What do you predict for it as of now? If it flops, it's gonna be embarrassing for Par since they had faith in it delaying it for two years

Its making less than Uncharted. Wouldn't be surprised with under 100m

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I'll throw out a Top Gun 2 prediction...TMobile runs a $4 ticket deal to bring in the teens/young adults/young adults with kids, the oldsters buy tickets b/c they've been waiting for years for this, and kids come along for the ride...

For the 4 day Memorial Day weekend, $60M.  Maybe even a little higher.

If you're gonna fly, fly high!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Does that include Thursday too? 

Some extreme frontloading going on there. Thursday to Sunday multiplier of like 3x? 

The $35-40 ticket prices too, so divide the gross by 4. 

There are only some 500-600k for Telugu speakers in USA, so not too shabby, selling around 275k tix in the weekend.