ChipDerby

I'm Feeling More Derby Than Ever | Week 14

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

I am kinda pissed with the inclusion of Everything Everywhere. Where could I have known it was gonna expand into 38 theaters? I thought it would stay at 10 or else I would have never put 0.37M in the Derby. It kinda makes no sense to use these movies. It is not the first time it happens and I am legit mad I am losing points because of random shit I couldn't have predicted.

The expansion was reported. Not keeping up with things is your fault, not Chips. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 1:12 PM, Eric Legion said:

No BP winner expansion to deal with, but deadline says Everything Everywhere all it once will expand to 30-50, so that could actually make enough to beat Sing.

It was reported to expand to 30-50 as of last Monday, and was mentioned in last wk’s derby thread while discussing this weekend’s likely top 10. If it was staying flat at 10 theaters I doubt it would even be included.  

BoxOfficePro reported the precise 38 location count on wed https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-box-office-forecast-morbius/

Last but not least, A24’s platform sensation Everything Everywhere All at Once will expand to a reported 38 locations this weekend, via studio confirmation. The film scored a stellar $510K debut from just 10 locations last weekend and is in the middle of a staggered nationwide rollout that will culminate with a wide release on April 8.

I don’t personally have a strong opinion on its inclusion this weekend, I was fine with it or sing rounding things out. Expanding small releases are more interesting, but also more volatile. But I also agree with XXR here — it’s hardly unfair to players of a box office game to expect that they’ll do some theater count research on platform releases when it’s available well before the deadline.

Edited by Eric Legion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KnucklesXXR said:

The expansion was reported. Not keeping up with things is your fault, not Chips. 

I checked The Numbers and there was nothing there about a theater increase. This is something for me to do in 15 minutes, not to do extensive research imo.

I checked BOP as well but missed that paragraph. I don't have time for this anymore tbh, I usually just look at The Numbers because it has all the TCs in one quick place. The best thing is to just drop out I guess. Good luck to everyone in future games and I hope more people joins in.

Edited by CJohn
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, CJohn said:

I checked BOP as well but missed that paragraph. I don't have time for this anymore tbh, I usually just look at The Numbers because it has all the TCs in one quick place. The best thing is to just drop out I guess. Good luck to everyone in future games and I hope more people joins in.

Buddy, I'm sorry you don't think it's fair. We're literally just coming off a pandemic where it's extremely difficult to get 10 films to predict. If you'd like to stop playing until we actually have a decent choice of movies that's fine. But we've been predicting movies under $1 mil for 14 weeks now. This specific movie is not that much different than including RRR last week.

8 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Buddy, I'm sorry you don't think it's fair. We're literally just coming off a pandemic where it's extremely difficult to get 10 films to predict. If you'd like to stop playing until we actually have a decent choice of movies that's fine. But we've been predicting movies under $1 mil for 14 weeks now. This specific movie is not that much different than including RRR last week.

Nevermind man, it was right there in the BO weekend article. I just missed it because I do these things in a rush usually on a work break and check a couple of sources at best (usually BO and The Numbers). It is my fault. You do a great job running this game. Keep up with that.