CJohn

THE MORBIUS OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | #MORBIUSSWEEP #LETOSWEEP | SONY SWEEPS WITH 84M WW OW | 39.1M OW | 17.1M OD | 5.7M PREVIEWS

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once is quickly becoming the first arthouse hit since before the pandemic. Excited to see how it does upon wide release next week.

I thought that title belong to licorice pizza? Plus everything production scale seem a bit too big to be called a art house film.

3 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

didn't  licorice pizza have a simultaneous streaming release?

Nope

9 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

i know overseas critics aren't the biggest fans of sonic 2 (at least compared to U.S critics who make most of the fresh reviews on RT) but how was the general word of mouth?

Seems like its pretty good?

Way better than Morbius at least lol

12 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

i know overseas critics aren't the biggest fans of sonic 2 (at least compared to U.S critics who make most of the fresh reviews on RT) but how was the general word of mouth?

Pretty solid in Singapore and Taiwan thus far; but theaters are barely giving it 1/3 the screenings of Morbius..

Some audience reviews said it is better than the first film and is waiting for the sequel.

27 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I thought that title belong to licorice pizza? Plus everything production scale seem a bit too big to be called a art house film.

It did well but hardly a breakout. Its total was the norm for a Paul Thomas Anderson movie.

Morbius’ RT audience score is actually moving up. Guessing people are going in with rock bottom expectations (thinking it will be as bad as Fant4stic or something like that) so it allows them to fee “oh I guess it wasn’t that bad”

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

Just saw it, and I think the WOM's gonna be good. Positive reactions from the crowd at my show.

1 hour ago, cooldude97 said:

Should do fine but the kids called it long.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

My real disappointment of this weekend is The Lost City. I was really hoping for a leggy run into the 100M.

I think Ford v Ferrari is a good comparison for this that I'm looking at. FvF opened $1m higher than The Lost City. At this point (2nd sunday), FvF is about $3m higher than TLC (57.5 vs 54.5). FvF finished at $117m. I think there's still hope for TLC to get to $100m. Granted, FvF had Thanksgiving weekend and then some Christmas legs a little bit. But I hope TLC's legs can start kicking in