Purple Minion

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 | 210.2M overseas ● 400.9M worldwide

31 minutes ago, kyrixos said:

Adjusted for inflation, Sonic 1 grossed $354M WW. I'm hoping Sonic 2 can surpass that but DS2's upcoming release dampens its prospects.

I hope you aren't adjusting the worldwide gross using only the American inflation, a quite common mistake 😅

On 5/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, MG10 said:

I hope you aren't adjusting the worldwide gross using only the American inflation, a quite common mistake 😅

I found a better source. Does this sound about right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kyrixos said:

I found a better source. Does this sound about right?

Seems good, I was skeptical because some time ago I tried to adjust the WW gross of the first Spider-Man with the cost of the tickets of No Way Home, but then I gave up because it was too difficult 😅

If he managed to do all those calculations without going crazy I can only congratulate with him 👍🏼

• Like 1

Suddenly there is a slim chance to pass $400m worldwide, domestic market seem heading 190m and overseas needs another 6m to go......very very hard but if the movie can have some China release date secured, 400m should be within reach..  

36 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (PAR): $2M intl weekend (54 markets); $207.8M intl cume/$397.6M global.

So close and yet so far!

Will this get china release? Or china just decide to ban paramount altogether because of top gun?