YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

23 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Everything Everywhere expansion is a little underwhelming after all the hyperbole. Greatest movie of all time! Letterboxd's best movie in the universe! IMBD's top rated film in the galaxy! 

To be fair, that's in this universe.

Most of the other multiverse agree that this is cinema's finest work and, fuck it, they're not wrong.

MV5BZDA3MmYyZWUtZTY1Zi00OGNmLWJiMjQtMWQ3

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And it is literally 90's Jim Carrey...his role and acting are so reminiscent of his peak...

For me, peak Jim Carrey, at least artistically, will always be Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. But that's cool that he could still find that crazy, fun part of his persona now that he's morphed into a sort of wizened philosopher.

And I love hearing all these raves for Sonic. Any hedgehog that reads Flash Comics, I'm a fan of. In fact, I kind of wish he was starring in the Flash movie, TBH.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm having a hard time imagining a Mario movie that opens higher than Sonic.

Isn't Mario more popular than Sonic? At least here in Brazil I would say Mario is the more popular one and by a wide margin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

Isn't Mario more popular than Sonic? At least here in Brazil I would say Mario is the more popular one and by a wide margin.

Mario is more popular than Sonic ten times over everywhere on earth.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Mario is more popular than Sonic ten times over everywhere on earth.

Yeah exactly. Like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe  alone is selling 40 Million copies. It is one of the highest selling games of all time. You can't really say that for any modern Sonic game nowadays.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Everything Everywhere expansion is a little underwhelming after all the hyperbole. Greatest movie of all time! Letterboxd's best movie in the universe! IMBD's top rated film in the galaxy! 

Yeah i'm sure everyone knows what the hell Letterboxd is...

6M from 1250 theaters isn't underwhelming, this is a Rated R movie.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

How is this compared to FB2 in the same markets? Any news about that?

Somebody said in the FB thread that COG was $115. If that's true, and even allowing for much of China being shuttered, I can't imagine David Zaslav is going to look at these numbers and see much incentive for going ahead with a 4th installment.