YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Animated GIF

UGLY SONIC

The first trailer cracks me up because Sonic looks completely and totally different from shot to shot. Like there were 15 different models used at once. Don't know how that happens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Paramount, please, release sonic version of multiverse starring this:

1558819134532.jpg

The chaos this thing spawned is legendary. Streets saying that new Chip and Dale movie is about them trying to stop the studio making a new film with the Chip and Dale equivalent of this design. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

The chaos this thing spawned is legendary. Streets saying that new Chip and Dale movie is about them trying to stop the studio making a new film with the Chip and Dale equivalent of this design. 

Iconic.

I would like to officially come out and say that in light of conservative attack against Disney calling them groomers for LGBTQIA+ content I am now a Disney stan until further notice.

I must go where the culture winds take me. #MyPandaMyChoice

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Legendary Internet moment.

Just now, The Panda said:

I would like to officially come out and say that in light of conservative attack against Disney calling them groomers for LGBTQIA+ content I am now a Disney stan until further notice.

I must go where the culture winds take me. #MyPandaMyChoice

Is this one of those things that’s only happening in America? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

The first trailer cracks me up because Sonic looks completely and totally different from shot to shot. Like there were 15 different models used at once. Don't know how that happens.

I still watch it every now and then. Such a tremendous moment.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Is this one of those things that’s only happening in America? 

Disney is being accused of promoting SEXUAL CHAOS, and I must admit I think that sounds very rad and cool. I support the agenda to undermine sexual wholeness and telling authorities to go fuck themselves.

8 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Disney is being accused of promoting SEXUAL CHAOS, and I must admit I think that sounds very rad and cool. I support the agenda to undermine sexual wholeness and telling authorities to go fuck themselves.

Meh. American right wingers are weird.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Panda said:

You know whoever wrote that piece should just be honest and just say they’re homophobes lol.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

https://deadline.com/2022/04/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-ambulance-weekend-box-office-2-1234997180/

I think Deadline just added this stuff

Meanwhile, A24’s Everything Everywhere All at Once is the little engine that could. The movie did $113K at its current 38 week 2 locations, and another $530K in previews (all in Thursday $643K) heading into its 1,200 theater expansion, bringing the movie’s running total to $2.8M. This is a very promising result for specialty cinemas.

Ok so they're counting Thursday as previews and towards the weekend on this thing, even though it's already made over $2M. Got it. 

5 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

Ok so they're counting Thursday as previews and towards the weekend on this thing, even though it's already made over $2M. Got it. 

It's strange but somewhat logical. The theaters that were counted as part of Thursday previews were only the theaters that were showing the film for the first time at 7PM on Thursday. So really it doesn't make much less sense than normal Thursday previews.

• Like 1