Brainbug

Jurassic World Dominion OS Thread

21 minutes ago, Nublar7 said:

Mojo hasn't updated their international number since September 11th. I think The-Numbers is more current and accurate. I think it is hitting $1 billion this weekend!

Mojo has a weird obsession with stopping the update of the international box office two weeks/one month before the film is actually withdrawn from all theaters, they did the same also last winter with No Time to Die, Scream, Morbius and other movies and I'm still waiting for them to update the total... Apparently for the site only North America deserves attention  🤷‍♂️

Edited by MG10

Dino-Might: ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ Crosses $1B At Worldwide Box Office

nancy-tartaglione.jpg?w=60

2512_PROLOGUE__1.1.62.jpg?crop=375px%2C1
Universal

The dinosaurs have done it as Universal/Amblin’s Jurassic World Dominion crossed the $1B mark at the global box office with Thursday’s business included. It took a little while, but that shouldn’t diminish that this makes the Colin Trevorrow-directed installment one of only three films to the milestone since the beginning of the pandemic. It is the No. 2 film of 2022 behind Top Gun: Maverick.

The split through Thursday is just over $376M domestic and also just over $624M at the international box office.

JWD is the 7th Universal title to reach $1B worldwide, and the 3rd in the Jurassic World franchise whose total global box office now stands at $6.02B.

The film, starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Laura Dern, Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum, kicked off early overseas rollout at the beginning of June, topping $500M global in its first two weeks (one of only 10 Hollywood movies to the mark during the pandemic and one of six in 2022).

Also in June, it passed $600M internationally, becoming one of five Hollywood films to do so in the pandemic and one of only two in 2022.

JWD further snagged an increasingly elusive China release, going on to gross $158M for the title of biggest import in 2022 and 3rd biggest Hollywood movie of the Covid era.

Along with Illumination’s Minions: The Rise of Gru, Blumhouse’s The Black Phone, DreamWorks Animation’s The Bad Guys and Jordan Peele’s Nope, JWD also helped propel Universal’s 2022 worldwide haul past $3B last month, becoming the first studio to get there since 2019.

Upcoming titles from Universal include Billy Eichner-starrer Bros; Ticket to Paradise with George Clooney and Julia Roberts — already doing well in offshore release; She Said about New York Times reporters Megan Twohey and Jodi Kantor; Steven Spielberg’s autobiographical The Fablemans which recently won the Toronto Film Festival People’s Choice Award; and DreamWorks Animation’s Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.

On deck from Focus are Tar starring Cate Blanchett who won the Best Actress prize at the Venice Film Festival earlier this month; and James Gray’s Armageddon Time, which debuted at the Cannes Film Festival in May.

• Haha 1

Finally this very good but very flawed but also very great but also sometimes badly paced movie hits the billion! Honestly i had given up on that number for a long time but it feels great to see it pass it after all.

Now minimum 5 years hiatus please before any new movie comes out.

And please, have a good storyline before you make the next film.

14 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Finally this very good but very flawed but also very great but also sometimes badly paced movie hits the billion! Honestly i had given up on that number for a long time but it feels great to see it pass it after all.

Now minimum 5 years hiatus please before any new movie comes out.

And please, have a good storyline before you make the next film.

1 billion after basically underperforming in almost every market it released.

I hope Universal realize the potential of this franchise and make these movies with more care.

They are sitting on a treasure mine.

• Like 1