China:$130m

WW other:$400m

Total:$980m

Min

DOM:$300m

China:$100m

WW other:$350m

Total:$750m

It is impossible for Dominion to only gross 300M DOM. That would mean nearly a flat x2 multiplier. WOM isnt nearly as bad enough for that to happen and summer weekdays play a big role as well. Id say the Minimum performance right now is around 340-350M DOM, maximum around 400M.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

It is impossible for Dominion to only gross 300M DOM. That would mean nearly a flat x2 multiplier. WOM isnt nearly as bad enough for that to happen and summer weekdays play a big role as well. Id say the Minimum performance right now is around 340-350M DOM, maximum around 400M.

I consider the bed WOM

I don't the the actual reflect of DOM audiance.That's just my guessƪ(˘⌣˘)

14 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Max

DOM:$350m

China:$130m

WW other:$400m

Total:$980m

Min

DOM:$300m

China:$100m

WW other:$350m

Total:$750m

Just get it over 900 million man. 

The state of this, from imagining more Than Fallen Kingdom to 1.1-1.2 billion to 1 billion to asking for 900 million. 

54 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Just get it over 900 million man. 

The state of this, from imagining more Than Fallen Kingdom to 1.1-1.2 billion to 1 billion to asking for 900 million. 

You know what's worse? I was hoping this would make more than JW lol. 

JP trilogies have a history of dropping by 300m WW with each sequel until it goes on a hiatus and gets rebooted. Even by that logic JWD *should* make about $1b. It's looking highly unlikely but I'm still hoping it pulls through. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobysaurus said:

You know what's worse? I was hoping this would make more than JW lol. 

JP trilogies have a history of dropping by 300m WW with each sequel until it goes on a hiatus and gets rebooted. Even by that logic JWD *should* make about $1b. It's looking highly unlikely but I'm still hoping it pulls through. 

Though a franchise (outside our fanboys' perspective 😄) looks rather healthy when a 900M WW gross is a disappointment lol.

I dont think Dominion is that comparable to JP3 in that sense. JP3 basically sunk the series into developing hell mode while a 900M-grossing Dominion underlines that theres still a massive worldwide audience there for the films. So we wont have to wait 14 years again for the next movie.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Though a franchise (outside our fanboys' perspective 😄) looks rather healthy when a 900M WW gross is a disappointment lol.

I dont think Dominion is that comparable to JP3 in that sense. JP3 basically sunk the series into developing hell mode while a 900M-grossing Dominion underlines that theres still a massive worldwide audience there for the films. So we wont have to wait 14 years again for the next movie.

To be fair to JP3 it is a 600m+ film in today's money, fared way better with critics (something I wish I never had to say about JWD), and had a fairly good chance at breaking the OW record at the time had Universal not released it on a Wednesday. The main problem with that movie is the lack of a climax (seriously what were they thinking!) 

This isn't me dissing JWD or praising JP3, but rather sharing my disappointment in terms of what could have been in the case of both films. I've already seen Dominiom 4x and probably will see it one more time before it leaves cinemas. Coming from a guy that's seen JW and FK 18x and 9x respectively at the cinema I would attribute this to the general decline in quality more than a loss in interest from my end.

FWIW, I do enjoy JP3 more than Dominion but then again my opinions aren't very popular among the fanbase since I also prefer TLW over JP - not saying its a better movie but I just enjoy it a tiny bit more! 

You know, if the movie is having good legs, maybe the WOM isn’t bad? Just a thought, because some people seem to be going off of the preconceived notion that the WOM is bad, instead of inferring WOM from the legs themselves. Kind of ass backwards to do it that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

You know, if the movie is having good legs, maybe the WOM isn’t bad? Just a thought, because some people seem to be going off of the preconceived notion that the WOM is bad, instead of inferring WOM from the legs themselves. Kind of ass backwards to do it that way.

I agree but we should wait for the end of this week to have a first good impression of WOM. If it manages to hold up solidly in its 2nd weekend, then id argue that WOM is indeed good and not bad.

6 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Under no circumstances it should've been missing a Billion atleast. 

It should've opened bigger than FK in Domestic and open big in most countries OS, China situation is unlucky but nothing can be done about it.

Now our only hope is that Japan blows up and blows up extremely well, Jurassic Park was huge there and JW and FK did well, so hopefully the JP nostalgia kicks in Japanese audience.

• Like 2

Deadline: Dominion is set to thrash past $500M worldwide today. The global total through Thursday is $493.2M. That includes $302.1M from the international box office and $191.1M domestic.

Through Thursday, the Top 5 offshore markets on JWD are China ($69M), Mexico ($33.2M), the UK ($19.6M), France ($11.8M) and Australia ($11.7M).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

hows a billion looking?

Not so good.

DOM: Lets give it 350M.

China: 110M.

460M from those two, meaning we would need 540M from rest of OS.

We currently stand at 233,1M with these markets. Beeing conservative, lets expect another 120M from them. Plus, add 40M from Japan where it opens on July 29.

That gives us 350M + 110M + 353M + 40M = 853M Worldwide

Of course, it could perform better and i hope so but still, reaching 900M will be very tough already, let alone 1B.

Let's see how it's second weekend drops are. Anecdotal but so far holding incredibly well in Malaysia (looking like a soft drop) so you could see it squeeze a couple more out of South East Asia, the Middle East and LATM if the rest of the market follows since JWD had the franchise best openings in alot of the countries in these markets.