Eric Atreides

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE WEEKEND THREAD | Read the first post for the rules

1 minute ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

No Way Home is a Disney movie in Sony's clothing. And Uncharted is basically another Spider-Man movie. The Law exempts Spider-Man-type movies. The Law works in shifty, mysterious ways. Do not fall for their tricks.

247.gif

If Uncharted was a Spider-Man-Type film because it starred Tom Holland then The Lost City of Z (2016) should also be a Spider-Man type film.

But The Lost City of Z bombed.

Your Law therefore is broken :redcapes:

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Morbius also had a 2-3pm preview start time and that movie had worse reception. I don't see why this one will be more frontloaded than Morbius was. The only thing that can skew the preview to OW multi will be Good Friday/Easter imo. 

Harry Potter Universe movies tend to be very frontloaded typically. Add in Good Friday and it's bound to see a big drop tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Morbius also had a 2-3pm preview start time and that movie had worse reception. I don't see why this one will be more frontloaded than Morbius was. The only thing that can skew the preview to OW multi will be Good Friday/Easter imo. 

Good Friday does skew the weekend toward Thu since Thursday night will be inflated. 

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It might pull a Deadpool 2 and recover in subsequent weekends.

There is no recovery for it. With Bad Guys next week, it’s another 45-50% drop and with Strange in a few weeks thats 60% added. Sonic 2 needed to be at the 180m range by Strange 2 opening. It can’t get there.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

If Uncharted was a Spider-Man-Type film because it starred Tom Holland then The Lost City of Z (2016) should also be a Spider-Man type film.

That was pre-Mickey’s law.

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Some of you need to visit your doctor and get a prescription of Xanax along with a heavy anti-depressant.  

I’m sorry but a 60%+ drop Easter weekend is bad no matter how you slice it. Yes it’s good a family film which skews heavily towards males is doing well-ish and should top Sing 2 but I'm not going to pretend it’s doing extraordinarily great just because the past few years have been shit.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Morbius started at 4 iirc.

Yes you are right, I just checked Deadline's article. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Harry Potter Universe movies tend to be very frontloaded typically. Add in Good Friday and it's bound to see a big drop tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Good Friday does skew the weekend toward Thu since Thursday night will be inflated. 

Man so a Wizarding World movie barely beat out Morbius despite starting previews 2 hours earlier. It will be hilarious and a little bit sad if it opened below Morbius. It will be something to see such a massive franchise fall to such new lows. 

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The early Friday numbers must be looking promising then.

It's not even noon on the east coast. There are no Friday numbers yet beyond presales. 

6 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Pre-Homecoming, he was less established as Spider-Man. Law stands. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Sonic 3 will happen, there's so need to panic.

I’m not panicked to be clear; I’m just disappointed in it’s legs. Kind of like how Lost City is missing the 100m milestone. Both are great on paper but not enough for the glory days.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’m not panicked to be clear; I’m just disappointed in it’s legs.

Apparently being objective about a film the board likes (instead of say Morbius) makes us depressed and panicking 😂 

Its all about the data for me. Reminds me of how the data didnt play out well for the Jumanji 2 goes over 400 crowd a couple years ago. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Some of you need to visit your doctor and get a prescription of Xanax along with a heavy anti-depressant.  

Dude nobody is saying the box office is dead or anything they're just saying the preview number for this movie kind of sucks, which it does.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Given the nature of the Potter fanbase and behavior of Good Friday, Sat will definitely decrease from true Friday. Maybe Sonic can take the W on Sat, Sun and Mon (although disappointment for both). 

Sonic's gonna be decreasing tomorrow too. Rio 2 and Home in their second weekends + Zootopia in its fourth and Boss Baby in its third all dropped 10%+ on the Saturday of Good Friday/Easter weekend.

Edited by filmlover