Eric Atreides

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE WEEKEND THREAD | Read the first post for the rules

Summer should have a nice slate:

Strange 2 and Dominion will be around 450m-500m domestic. Thor 4 around 380m-425m. Lightyear will probably be in the 275m as I doubt 300m for family films happening for the next five or so years. Minions 2 I’m thinking 200m as Illumination knows how to market. Crawdads could do 100m. Top Gun can do anywhere from 135m to 220m and I wouldn’t be surprised. Nope and Bullet Train should be over 100m and could breakout farther. Super Pets I think should do 100m as well. As well as a handful of mid size performers.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Doctor Strange (Marvel) will save the BO again in three weeks, but it would be nice if we had other movies than Marvel doing good.

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

That’s @Brainbug the Dinosaur’s music

Jurassic World Dominion will safe the box office, cinema and the world in June. No worrys @Maggie

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Dude nobody is saying the box office is dead or anything they're just saying the preview number for this movie kind of sucks, which it does.

Exactly, saying a number is bad doesn’t mean oh no the universe is doom and gloom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Summer should have a nice slate:

Strange 2 and Dominion will be around 450m-500m domestic. Thor 4 around 380m-425m. Lightyear will probably be in the 275m as I doubt 300m for family films happening for the next five or so years. Minions 2 I’m thinking 200m as Illumination knows how to market. Crawdads could do 100m. Top Gun can do anywhere from 135m to 220m and I wouldn’t be surprised. Nope and Bullet Train should be over 100m and could breakout farther. Super Pets I think should do 100m as well. As well as a handful of mid size performers.

I think you are too low on Strange, Dominion, Thor, Lightyear, and Top Gun. 

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Summer top 3 should average over 500M

Hide contents

or the year is a flop and hw industry is a bust

Eh, a 450m average for all three is still pretty good.

46 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I wonder how JK Rowling feels that this franchise has decided to start identifying as a huge flop.

😂😂😂 amazing! 

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Doctor Strange (Marvel) will save the BO again in three weeks, but it would be nice if we had other movies than Marvel doing good.

Paramount waves at you with their 4 hit #1’s. Dog, Uncharted and The Batman say hello, too. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

😂😂😂 amazing! 

Paramount waves at you with their 4 hit #1’s. Dog, Uncharted and The Batman say hello, too. 

I'm rooting for Paramount, but i'm so disappointed in how Sonic is performing. I wanted over 200M and that's dead now

Edited by Maggie

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

I think you are too low on Strange, Dominion, Thor, Lightyear, and Top Gun. 

I could go a bit higher for the former three, I feel I was fair for the last two. A $275m-290m gross is about the same as Lego Batman had from Lego 1, also like Sonic 2 I expect it to be more male skewing than female skewing which’ll hurt it’s legs. Also am kind of reminded of it by Monsters University in a way that it faced an illumination two weeks later and it’s legs gave out. 

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I could go a bit higher for the former three, I feel I was fair for the last two. A $275m-290m gross is about the same as Lego Batman had from Lego 1, also like Sonic 2 I expect it to be more male skewing than female skewing which’ll hurt it’s legs. Also am kind of reminded of it by Monsters University in a way that it faced an illumination two weeks later and it’s legs gave out. 

TS4 released today probably 500m. I think Lightyear can get to 325-350 at least. Top Gun I don't really know, but have a good feeling about it going for 250-300. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

TS4 released today probably 500m. I think Lightyear can get to 325-350 at least. Top Gun I don't really know, but have a good feeling about it going for 250-300. 

Ehhhh, considering how Sonic 2 is performing as well as past performance of action animation outside of Christmas, while I don’t think Lightyear will be as frontloaded I think for 325m, I want an OW around 110m which I kind of doubt. Same for SpiderVerse 2 later this year.

Edited by YourMother