Eric Atreides

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

The movies that are usually promoted at CinemaCon are usually the ones that are about to come out (aka the summer movies). I wouldn't expect much from the fall/holiday releases beyond a sizzle reel (aside from I guess the Avatar 2 trailer, which is supposedly set to premiere with Doctor Strange).

That really isn't accurate.  Studios show a ton of stuff that is coming out late 2022 or 2023.  In fact, I would say sometimes the things that get the least attention are movies that are just about to come out because theater owners have already seen the marketing on it.  

• Like 3

Even though it's far too early to release a trailer or footage for it, I bet Paramount shows something of the new Transformers, since it's their big, expensive blockbuster for next year.

And I feel like Universal will show something of Mario. It feels like it's time to see something of that, even if it isn't officially shown to the public until around the Minions release.

Edited by Starphanluke

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

"And Stallone"

Dire cast list compared to the other films. The ENTIRE selling point was seeing all the classic action stars collaborate but then the movies were pretty bad (2 was ok) and wasted the premise. There's no hook for a fourth one now.

This shit is gonna do like 15M total. A dead IP Lionsgate shouldn't have brought back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lionsgate is gonna throw out a lot of dates for the next year and a half, isn't it? 

Does anyone even remembers Wonder at all lmao? I feel sorry for them.

Guessing Hunger Games prequel will also get dated.

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Guessing Hunger Games prequel will also get dated.

Wasn't that in November 2023? I wonder what they plan to do. In the very best scenario they can split it into two movies. If they try anything else it is doomed.

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

dying laughing at Dennis Quaid's face on the Reagan poster

Legit thought every single poster in that post was parody promo for another movie.

Is there Q&A during panels? I'd ask "After the streaming success of Encanto, something D+ subscribes did not have to pay extra money for, how can WDAS convince people to brave the theaters for Strange World?"

1 hour ago, Starphanluke said:

Even though it's far too early to release a trailer or footage for it, I bet Paramount shows something of the new Transformers, since it's their big, expensive blockbuster for next year.

And I feel like Universal will show something of Mario. It feels like it's time to see something of that, even if it isn't officially shown to the public until around the Minions release.

There have been an rumour going around that they will show the first teaser for Mario, but then again, it's totally possible that Nintendo itself will show the teaser during their digital event around june.

7 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

There have been an rumour going around that they will show the first teaser for Mario, but then again, it's totally possible that Nintendo itself will show the teaser during their digital event around june.

I could see Nintendo being the ones to debut the footage publicly.

• Like 1