Eric Duncan

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire | March 22, 2024

I hadn’t even considered that this movie might be placed in the December slot, but I guess if it worked for the Jumanji movies, why not? So, unless that Star Trek movie comes out that month, I’m assuming the big releases of December 2023 will be this, that Willy Wonka movie and the Snow White remake. 

36 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I hadn’t even considered that this movie might be placed in the December slot, but I guess if it worked for the Jumanji movies, why not? So, unless that Star Trek movie comes out that month, I’m assuming the big releases of December 2023 will be this, that Willy Wonka movie and the Snow White remake. 

Snow White? December 2023? Where have you seen that? If It even releases in 2023. 

Blade filming was delayed to October this year. I could see them pushing Blade 1 month to December.

I do like the idea of Snow White in December 2023. They could also release it August 2023. If not August or December, I say May 2024.

I was wondering who would call dibs on December 2023 first now that Star Wars on film is pretty much dead for the next decade or so. Surprised it was Sony, but it's still a smart move. I'm glad this franchise is actually here to stay this time. I should probably get around to watching the first two movies...

58 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Afterlife had good holds during January, so December sounds promising

59 minutes ago, Juan Caballo said:

Snow White? December 2023? Where have you seen that? If It even releases in 2023. 

Blade filming was delayed to October this year. I could see them pushing Blade 1 month to December.

I do like the idea of Snow White in December 2023. They could also release it August 2023. If not August or December, I say May 2024.

I haven’t seen it anywhere. It’s just a guess.

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

is this still December? Aquabro will crush 

Possible, but 9 months is an awfully quick turnaround for such a CGI heavy production. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up pushing it to next summer (the June 7 date currently occupied by whatever that Karate Kid movie is).

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Just read the previous movei barely scraped past 200m, about half what I thought it had made. How is it considered a success? Was the budget unusually low?

The budget was just 75M and it was well received. It is worth another shot.

My guess is that this will be pushed to March or even the Summer.

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

The budget was just 75M and it was well received. It is worth another shot.

My guess is that this will be pushed to March or even the Summer.

I am genuinely interested in seeing how this one does. While the first was received well enough, it didn't exactly set the world on fire with it's word of mouth. Add to that, the fact that the new characters didn't become as well known as the old ones and this has a much higher hill to climb compared to that one.