The Wild Eric

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

It honestly looks way better than the last two films (which I thought was just abysmal)

The only CBM that looks good and will likely be good this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 3

Venom Horse ❤️

Venom dancing with Mrs. Chen ❤️

The only actual LGBTQ romance in a tentpole ❤️

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

So did Sony just...fully abandon the very public desire they had to do some form of Venom vs Spider-Man? This is the last movie, the symbiote in the MCU that existed is captured (slash was never in the MCU at all?). I don't mind it since itd always be something that Sony wanted and Marvel didn't really seem to want to, but the fact that they just seem to have suddenly stopped is weird.

11 minutes ago, YM! said:

The only CBM that looks good and will likely be good this year.

While I do think Deadpool 3 and Joker 2 look and will probably be better, I'm admittedly more excited for this one. It seems to be keeping what worked about the last movie while visually looking a lot more pleasing. This will also likely be the last time we see Venom, or at least Eddie Brock, on the big screen for a while. Hopefully they end it on a good note!

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So is this character in the MCU or does Sony just literally not remember that the scene was in a different universe

My guess is this is probably a local variant of the bar seen there, and that Eddie and Venom go there just for the hell of it, inadvertedly leaving behind some symbiote residue in the process. Sony putting this in the trailer is just so pathetically predictable though. Why are they still trying to trick people into thinking these are proper Marvel movies even if that brand is seen as an anchor and a liability these days more than anything?

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

While I do think Deadpool 3 and Joker 2 look and will probably be better, I'm admittedly more excited for this one. It seems to be keeping what worked about the last movie while visually looking a lot more pleasing. This will also likely be the last time we see Venom, or at least Eddie Brock, on the big screen for a while. Hopefully they end it on a good note!

I’ve said before I’m no fan of Joker as it is a pretty boring analysis of the character and themes at play only bolstered by Phoenix’s performance and tbh Deadpool were solid 3/5s and I don’t really trust Levy to execute 3 well. I’m vaguely interested in both due to added elements (musical for Joker and Wolverine for DP). Venom is the only one I’m certain will be good.

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So did Sony just...fully abandon the very public desire they had to do some form of Venom vs Spider-Man? This is the last movie, the symbiote in the MCU that existed is captured (slash was never in the MCU at all?). I don't mind it since itd always be something that Sony wanted and Marvel didn't really seem to want to, but the fact that they just seem to have suddenly stopped is weird.

Tbh I think with SUoMC floundering outside of Venom can easily see Sony just agreeing to work with Marvel on live action and just doing animated movies and TV shows.

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

I’ve said before I’m no fan of Joker as it is a pretty boring analysis of the character and themes at play only bolstered by Phoenix’s performance and tbh Deadpool were solid 3/5s and I don’t really trust Levy to execute 3 well. I’m vaguely interested in both due to added elements (musical for Joker and Wolverine for DP). Venom is the only one I’m certain will be good.

You are completely crazy if you really think this garbage looks any better. You might as well say Morbius and Madame Web are the best cbms ever.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

You are completely crazy if you really think this garbage looks any better. You might as well say Morbius and Madame Web are the best cbms ever.

I don’t fuck with either Morbius or Madame Web. Why are you getting mad I enjoy the Venom movies. They’re not high art but they’re fun times. 

Edited by YM!
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, YM! said:

I don’t fuck with either Morbius or Madame Web. Why are you getting mad I enjoy the Venom movies. They’re not high art but they’re fun times. 

They are money laundry, just like Morbius and Madame Web. I don't care if anyone enjoys them or not, but it's crazy to unironically claim it's gonna be the only good cbm when we have 2 other movies that look thousand times better across the board, it's like claiming that Catwoman (2004) is better than The Dark Knight (2008).

Edited by TomThomas
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, YM! said:

Tbh I think with SUoMC floundering outside of Venom can easily see Sony just agreeing to work with Marvel on live action and just doing animated movies and TV shows.

Maybe but its definitely a very sudden change, not even leaving it open for the MCU to just have their own venom (maybe Gargan?) if like Hardy was no longer available. Well at least we know it's not what they're doing in Spider-Man 4

4 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

They are money laundry, just like Morbius and Madame Web. I don't care if anyone enjoys them or not, but it's crazy to unironically claim it's gonna be the only good cbm when we have 2 other movies that look thousand times better across the board, it's like claiming that Catwoman (2004) is better than The Dark Knight (2008).

Neither Deadpool nor Joker even touches TDK as there’s been far better MCU/Marvel and DC movies and the Venoms don’t go as low as Catwoman or even the other SonyVerse movies because they’re actually fun movies and care full heartedly about the goofy ass stories they are doing.

Not denying that technically both Joker and Deadpool are better movies and will both probably get better critical and audience reception but for me; there’s so much that can go wrong for me for both Joker 2 and Deadpool and Wolverine where I’d be mixed or disappointed with the results - Venom 3 just needs to be a fun time and that’s enough for me.

Yeah I continue to be mystified at the popularity of this series . They could be so much better and they are not. It seems Tom Hardy would demand and want to make them better.  But there seems to be a large audience who really likes these movies.  Maybe this one will actually be a good movie. Not holding my breath.