The Wild Eric

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

It's so funny to me how awful and lame all of Sony's post Raimi Spiderman films have been...with Venom being the only highlight. Tom Hardy is the secret sauce!

Venom 3 looks like a blast, only CBM im excited for this year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Just noticed Rhys Ifans is listed in the cast. Feels like an invitation to start guessing that these movies take place in TASM universe.

He is in the trailer.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

He is in the trailer.

A true blink and miss it appearance. :lol: At the very least, reasonable to speculate he's playing another Dr. Curt Connors variant.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were unsuccessful in persuading Michelle Williams to even cameo in this. Her "grab the nice paycheck and run" quota was filled after the first two lmao.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A true blink and miss it appearance. :lol: At the very least, reasonable to speculate he's playing another Dr. Curt Connors variant.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were unsuccessful in persuading Michelle Williams to even cameo in this. Her "grab the nice paycheck and run" quota was filled after the first two lmao.

Nah, it's just Rhys wanting a paycheck.

Also I'm glad Michelle left. These movies had no idea what to do with her after the first film.

Edited by Mojoguy

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

It's so funny to me how awful and lame all of Sony's post Raimi Spiderman films have been...with Venom being the only highlight. Tom Hardy is the secret sauce!

Venom 3 looks like a blast, only CBM im excited for this year.

Fuck yeah, I support this position (even though I'm also excited for DP3 and J2)

• Like 1

This was such a fun trailer, I wasn’t expecting them to go for epic.

This really should do well enough once again to be quite profitable. These movies just work.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Empire is saying $100M OW

Is that even possible for a non MCU CBM in 2024? (outside of spider-man, batman)

I don’t see why not, don’t think it’s a slam dunk but definitely possible. 2023 was a roughy year but it’s an outlier imo. 

2 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Empire is saying $100M OW

Is that even possible for a non MCU CBM in 2024? (outside of spider-man, batman)

The last MCU film could not make 100 mil domestic total...There are no rules anymore..Its all about if its appealing enough

Posted (edited)

Domestically I feel pretty confident about this matching the previous 2 films performances

DOM 70-90m OW, a little over 200m total DOM

WW I have no clue really. Venom 2 wasn't released in China. Wonder if this will. Obviously not the same market as the one where Venom 1 grossed like 250m or whatever, but I bet Venom 3 could still put up solid numbers if released there

EmpireCity said this was "coming along nicely", and i know he says like every movie is good but he did say a month ago he'd been hearing this is the best one out of the series. Not a high bar obviously, but if true, should be enough to clear the Rotten Tomatoes Fresh threshold. No reason to try hyping up a movie that hadn't had a trailer or any still released so that is something.

Edited by Pinacolada