Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi

From PopVerse Live Blog [reverse order]

"He was a Jedi, and that is so important in understanding how all the politics unfold in that era," Filoni explains about his interest in Dooku. "The two characters really show you two paths and two choices, and there are three stories each." about Ahsoka's stories and Dooku's stories.
"I chose Ahsoka of course," Filoni says, "The other character that I chose, who I've always been interested in is Count Dooku"

Anakin will also be in the series.
In Tales of the Jedi, there will be three separate tales following Ahsoka over different parts of her life.
"There was six of these to write, and I am very busy doing all these other things, and I was worried I wasn't going to make it to the finish line... so I asked for some help... from Charles Murray." Charles Murray will also direct an episode of the show.

Adrienne Resha

So looks to be six shorts with three stories, and said three stories telling a larger story (latter bit my impression).

EDIT:::

Looks like one of the shorts is being screened in its entirety to the panel.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

These should be vague/non-detailed enough to count as just reactions and not require spoiler bars:

About 15 min long according to another tweet.  Longer than I expected, tbh.

• Like 2

Three episodes in, and god damn the Dooku episodes are fantasic.  Maybe not Andor or Mando level fantastic, but Height of TCW fantastic?  A different type of fantastic?  Oh yes.

Really enjoying how they're showing how deep the rot really was in pre-TPM days, as well as the obvious seeds planted in Dooku.

EDIT::::

Episode #4 got daaaaaaaaark.

Lots and lots and lots of symbolism as well.  Might just be the darkest episode of animated SW, really.  Hard pressed to think of a darker one.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Only watched the first episode so far (going to take my time with it) but I loved it! This is more of what I want from Star Wars, I'm happy for everyone loving Andor* but I'm much more excited for the next 5 episodes of this :) 

Baby Ahsoka is so adorable and

Spoiler

having her family as a native tribe going about ritual hunting was a fun nod to the western genre. 

*By the way I like Andor before anyone tries to go after me, might be my least favourite Star Wars show so far from Disney+ though. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Potiki said:

By the way I like Andor before anyone tries to go after me, might be my least favourite Star Wars show so far from Disney+ though. 

No worries at all! Kinda suspected as much given your lack of comments in the thread, mind. ;)   

But much as I've been saying in some of the Marvel threads, this is one reason to have a wide variety of styles of content.  Not everything is going to appeal to everyone equally, nor should it!  But if there is a lot of variety and they are all well crafted then more segments of the fandom get fed.

Variety is the spice of life for a reason, and all that.

• Thanks 2

Relatedly, it's good to see SW on an upswing overall.  While I enjoyed TBOBF and Kenobi a lot more than some, I do agree that both suffered from, let's call it uneven storytelling/execution at times. 

But both this and Andor have been firing on all cylinders, telling the type of stories they want to tell and being appreciated by the folks who the stories are targeted at.

Given that Visions also was similarly well received, I'm just gonna chalk up TBOBF and Kenobi to: Telling Stories Is HARD (and under COVID doubly hard) and sometimes things don't work out quite like one wants and look forward to Mando S3/Bad Batch S2 /Visions S2 coming up.  If they keep the quality up, then SW (on the TV side at least) is in a very good place.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Hide contents

Is this the first time we see Yaddle in an expanded role?

Spoiler

Outside of the old Legends/EU and a couple of appearances in the current book/comic line of The High Republic era of storytelling [some couple of centuries before the films], yes. 

Hell, even in the old books/comics, Yaddle wasn't in all that much due to no one really wanting to touch Yoda's species with a 10 foot pole.  

That's not nearly as much of an issue now thanks to Baby Yoda's breakthrough success.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2022 at 9:41 AM, Potiki said:

Only watched the first episode so far (going to take my time with it) but I loved it! 

I have finished all the episodes now and wow the first episode was the weakest of the bunch, this was fantastic and I would love more with other characters. Also love how much they fleshed out missing parts of the timeline around TPM and Rebels. 

• Like 2