Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi

I guess I'll be a bit of a contrarian here, I think the Ahsoka shorts were overall stronger, mainly because the stories fit more naturally within the reduced runtime. Plus they were overall fun and nicely visualized. I think the last short with Ahsoka was probably the best of the bunch, really tugged at the emotions. 

A bit more mixed on the Dooku ones. The first two were interesting but felt crammed into the short runtime, each would've have benefited from 5-10 minutes more to explore the situations and let the story breathe. The final short with Dooku and Yaddle was fantastic and I don't have any complaints there. 

• Like 1

Been quickly looking around the net and right now I do not know if this is the mentioned at last year's Celebration second season of Tales of the Jedi or not.  I suspect it is, as the wording from Dave Filoni about more Tales of is rather... vauge:

"Tales of the Jedi was so fun the first time, I decided to do some more," he said.

And while the official website called it at the time a second season of Tales of the Jedi, as did the banner art, someone might have been fibbing at the time to keep the surprise.  

Or not.

Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Been quickly looking around the net and right now I do not know if this is the mentioned at last year's Celebration second season of Tales of the Jedi or not.  I suspect it is, as the wording from Dave Filoni about more Tales of is rather... vauge:

And while the official website called it at the time a second season of Tales of the Jedi, as did the banner art, someone might have been fibbing at the time to keep the surprise.  

Or not.

Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

They are refering to Tales of the Jedi as the first season here: https://www.starwars.com/news/tales-of-the-empire-trailer

Like the first season following Ahsoka Tano and Count Dooku, Tales of the Empire focuses on previously untold events in the lives of the featured characters. The trailer teases that we’ll learn how a young Morgan Elsbeth navigates the expanding Imperial world towards a path of vengeance, while former Jedi Barriss Offee does what she must to survive a rapidly changing galaxy. The choices they make will define their destinies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Youngstar said:

They are refering to Tales of the Jedi as the first season here: https://www.starwars.com/news/tales-of-the-empire-trailer

True, but... Well I know these pressers are vetted to the nth degree, I've seen enough casual language (or, if we want to stay on brand "from a certain point of view") slip in from comms teams operating under incomplete information that until I see hard confirmation one way or the other, still gonna leave this open as a possibility.

Still, that does add a bit of weight to the idea that this is separate, if related to, Tales of the Jedi.

EDIT:  Misread what you were saying, see post below. 🙂

Edited by Porthos

I guess I should rewatch Clone Wars to really get the effect of this, I barely remember anything. At first I was thinking "Idk seems they're scraping for characters to expand upon", but the more I thought about it, the more this is a story I want to see.

Maybe I would have preferred a novel but this  is still cool

2 hours ago, Youngstar said:

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

True, but... Well I know these pressers are vetted to the nth degree, I've seen enough casual language (or, if we want to stay on brand "from a certain point of view") slip in from comms teams operating under incomplete information that until I see hard confirmation one way or the other, still gonna leave this open as a possibility.

Still, that does add a bit of weight to the idea that this is separate, if related to, Tales of the Jedi.

*rereads*

Oh, I think I misunderstood you.  You were pointing out that they were calling TofJ the first season and thus by implication the second.  Got it.

My bad.

FWIW, I'm seeing places like IGN and Deadline call this the second season.  Plus there's this:

So I guess the umbrella title, should there be more of them, would be Tales of the X?

• Like 1