Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (4/29-5/2) | Our Annual Late April Calm Before the Storm

1 hour ago, Nikostar said:

He has not made an hit since Taken 3 and every film he done since then screams straight to DVD Quality. 

Tbf tho even something like The Commuter made over $100m WW in 2018.

This is wayyy different than that

50 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

They expect to lose 2 million more subscribers in the 2nd quarter. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/netflix-expects-to-lose-2-million-subscribers-by-july/?amp=1

They will rebound when they come in senses and stop with stupid decisions

Streaming is here to stay and it´s not even debatable at this point

i finished watching my tenth movie of 2022, Uncharted.  I don't understand how Uncharted and The Batman were so expensive when they had way less visual effects than Moonfall.  Anyways, here it is so far.

8 - The Batman

8 - Scream 5

5 - Moonfall

5 - Uncharted

4 - Jackass Forever

4 - The 355

3 - Marry Me

3 - Dog

3 - Death on the Nile

2 - Redeemed Love

Spoiler

TQkDY7.gif

Should i give Uncharted a 4?  I had Moonfall at a 4, but I moved it up to a 5 because I wanted to rank it ahead of Uncharted.  A B- seems too generous for Uncharted, and a C-ish was what I wanted for Moonfall.  Anyways, the runway looks clear for FB3.

Edited by dxmatrixdt

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Anyone else find the popcorn backdrop is too visible?

I think the opacity on the text panes need to be increased so we can't see the backdrop as well.

I didn't know what you were talking about, but now that you've mentioned it I cannot unsee it. Your comment is a mind-virus, an infohazard/cognitohazard. You should delete it before others are corrupted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

They expect to lose 2 million more subscribers in the 2nd quarter. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/netflix-expects-to-lose-2-million-subscribers-by-july/?amp=1

I don't know abt NFLX share price but Netflix is the King of streaming and has probably reached the highest possible sub count. At one point you just can't add anymore. Their revenue seems like absolute insane, just need to cut the content cost may be if they aren't doing well financially, as Netflix produces A LOT and can easily cut A LOT of it. For starters don't waste money on acquiring Indian films in insane price unless they are getting audience outside Indian diaspora.

Nothing else is even close to touch them other than HBO Max but somehow WB always find ways to mess up.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Looks like a 55M finisher. What a success story. 

It's a big success story but it did cost 25M. This is not some Big Fat Greek Wedding costing 4M and grossing 240M in the US type jaw dropper. 

• Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, Flopped said:

It's a big success story but it did cost 25M. This is not some Big Fat Greek Wedding costing 4M and grossing 240M in the US type jaw dropper. 

Well if we are gonna compare with one of the most profitable movies of all time compared to the budget, it is also not doing Blair Witch Project numbers.

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude

1 minute ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Well if we are gonna compare with one of the most profitable movies of all time compared to the budget, it is also not doing Blair Witch Project numbers.

It really does put things into perspective for the state of things when Everything Everywhere is not even a Crying Game type indie breakout success. 

Odd to see EEAAO success being trivialized considered it likely will be A24’s biggest film domestically (WW idk, likely not barring a UK breakout) but perhaps the biggest indie film in the past ten years. Budget regardless, it’s run is pretty damn impressive.

• Like 13

Chart is updating 

1.) The Bad Guys (Uni) 4,042 (+34) Theaters, Fri $3.7M (-54%), Sat $7.5M, Sun $4.87M, 3-day $16.1M (-33%)/Total $44.4M/Wk 2

2.) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Par) 3,801 (-8) theaters, Fri $2.5M (-37%), Sat $5.37M/ Sun $3.48M, 3-day $11.35M (-27%)/Total $160.9M/Wk 4

3.) Fantastic Beasts…Dumbledore(WB), 3,962 (-283) theaters, Fri $2.1M (-47%) 3-day $7.5M (-46%)/Total $78.8M/Wk 3

4.) The Northman (Foc) 3,234 (+50) theaters, Fri $1.8M (-64%), Sat $2.7M, Sun $1.77M, 3-day $6.3M (-49%)/Total $22.8M/Wk 2

5.) Everything Everywhere All at Once (A24) 2,213 (+80) theaters, Fri $1.56M (+1%)/3-day $5.5M (+2%)/Total $35.4M/Wk 6

6.) Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (LG) 3,036 theaters, Fri $1.1M (-62%), 3-day $3.9M (-45%)/Total $13.4M/Wk 2

7.) The Lost City (Par) 2,595 (-233) theaters Fri. $1M (-21%), Sat $1.78M, Sun $1.1M, 3-day $3.9M (-10%)/Total $90.78M/ Wk 6

8.) Memory (Open Road) 2,555 theaters, Fri $1.1M, Sat $1.2M, Sun $790K, 3-day $3.1M/Wk 1

9.) Father Stu (Sony) 2,476 (-229) theaters, Fri $615K (-40%), Sat $940K, Sun $655K, 3-day $2.2M (-33%), Total $17.55M/Wk 3

10.) Morbius (Sony) 1,726 (-580) theaters, Fri $400K (-38%), 3-day $1.5M (-34%), Total $71.4M/Wk 5 –updating

Looks like many films have nice Saturday increase...  except "Memory"

https://deadline.com/2022/05/box-office-doctor-strange-2-bad-guys-1235013663/

Edited by John2015

Damn @ The Bad Guys’ hold. A 33% drop is stunning. Still very unsure of 100m with Strange looming around the corner sucking up showings but it has a good chance at 90m.