Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

One of the few applause in the entirety of my screening

Since you've seen the movie, please explain this to me. Based on a very detailed spoiler synopsis, both the old that lined up with the movie, and the new one from the premiere/screening, I just don't get it why Strange and Chavez are in the movie at all. Wanda creates a problem and then solves it on her own. Everyone esle just reacts to what she does, goes from A to B but no one really makes any difference cause she calls all the shots. Or is something lost in translation?

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Since you've seen the movie, please explain this to me. Based on a very detailed spoiler synopsis, both the old that lined up with the movie, and the new one from the premiere/screening, I just don't get it why Strange and Chavez are in the movie at all. Wanda creates a problem and then solves it on her own. Everyone esle just reacts to what she does, goes from A to B but no one really makes any difference cause she calls all the shots. Or is something lost in translation? 

Seems a little spoilery to me. and i wanna go down with this ship

1 minute ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Are you in the right thread?

No :bagoverhead:

I'm not going to be able to see the film in theaters so it's fine, but since it was pinned to the top I guess my brain assumed it was the weekend thread :hahaha::sadfleck:

Edited by MrPink
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

No :bagoverhead:

I'm not going to be able to see the film in theaters so it's fine, but since it was pinned to the top I guess my brain assumed it was the weekend thread :hahaha::sadfleck:

FUCKING LOLZ

:hahaha:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Hide contents

Well, Chavez is there because she is the tool. Strange kind of slows her down, I guess? And he is the instigator to help Chavez somehow (yes it's dumb) believe in herself to be able to fight Wanda, to open a portal to a world to get Wanda to see who she's become. Overall yes, it's very contrived. 

19 minutes ago, Wormow said:

Well, Chavez is there because she is the tool. Strange kind of slows her down, I guess? And he is the instigator to help Chavez somehow (yes it's dumb) believe in herself to be able to fight Wanda, to open a portal to a world to get Wanda to see who she's become. Overall yes, it's very contrived. 

Thanks for explaining! :)

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Hide contents

Well, yes. I thought the entire plot is kinda dumb. The only saving grace are its trippy visuals and Olsen's performance in the emotional climax. Rest of the movie is mostly just people walking through places saying redundant lines.

22 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Well, yes. I thought the entire plot is kinda dumb. The only saving grace are its trippy visuals and Olsen's performance in the emotional climax. Rest of the movie is mostly just people walking through places saying redundant lines.

Thank you! Will find out this weekend but I'm watching for Olsen and trippy visuals so I guess I'll be happy. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What is Wanda's story arc and why are some people claiming it will be controversial to fans? Does she die at the end?

Off-screen, she's gotten a hold of the Darkhold and is full evil. She's looking to be in a world with her two boys. She basically kills everyone who gets in the way and her (campy and over the top) murders are some of the selling point and big shock moments of the movie. At the end of the movie, she realizes that what she's doing isn't right and just suddenly ends it, then gets crushed by rubble but I'm sure most of us know she probably isn't dead. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Will this be the last MCU movie I somewhat care about? Let's find out.

Very real chance it is for me, and at least I got a lot of what I was hoping for!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Lmao the deaths are fucking brutal, what is Lord Feige doing. Poor Carter.

So how did Black Bolt die from getting his mouth shut? He could still breathe through his nose or? I saw the clip where she kills him and Mr Fantastic.  

Also mid credit with Clea. Bad green screen. Charlize is beautiful tho.

Yeha I know tags in spoiler thread are ridic but some people complained or trolled or whatever.

Nvm saw the whole clip, all deaths. Illuminati are such jobbers lol.

gotta love it that Carter and Maria are given cheesy victory one liners right before meeting their maker. "I can do this all day" says Carter right before Wanda cut her in half or something like it with her own Cap Britain shield. "Get the hell out of my universe" yells Maria right before Wanda brought a giant statue on her head. Expectations subverted.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

All of the hype for the Illuminati and there in the movie for like 2 minutes LMAO

I did not see much hype for the Illuminati, just one mention in the final trailer. The hype was created in Fanboys minds.

• Like 1

I have not seen it, but it' was one film I decided I wanted to be spoiled about.

I suspect that what happens with Wanda will cause a replay of the whole fuss over what happened with Dany in the climax of "Game Of Thrones". A lot of her fans will be upset at her going over to the dark side, despite the fact that Wandavision was very careful to  build that a real possibility. Fans often see just what they want to see.

For me, that Wanda is so conflicted is what makes her such an interesting charecter. 

\\

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2