Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

25 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Same problem in the tunnel chase scene.

They turn around and stare at the door

stare at the door

stare at the door

stare at the door

my friend and I were cringing like DO SOMETHING

Also in sinister universe, walking slowly towards the stairs, climbing slowly, having that ridiculous fight and all the stuff with souls and all of that.

It was good of Wanda to wait for all the commotion to happen and Strange to arrive before taking powers of Chavez.

I agree Marvel needs to step up. They are getting lazy and losing the magic they had with the infinity saga.

However I think this film is solid considering the circumstances. Maybe my expectations were in check and I wasn’t really disappointed.

However I do think I’m experiencing superhero burnout. Like Strange, the Batman, Moon Knight, Peacemaker just made me feel nothing. 

• Astonished 1

I was feeling a bit burnout of superhero stuff last month. Didn't like The Batman much on a rewatch and found NWH good but not great like seeing it back in theaters. DS2 sort of pulled me in again, reminded me what veterans of the genre like Raimi can do. Whole movie had such style and wackiness of the Strange comics!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mitchellsilver said:

This movie would have done better repeat business if it had a happier ending and showed more signs of Wanda surviving than just that pathetic red light leaving the collapsed mountain. What the hell was Raimi thinking ! 

he didn't write it though

I just listened to a few interviews with Michael Waldron and the way he talks about this movie, I feel like he made every boring decision possible.

He talked about how he didn’t want to travel the multiverse too much because it would be like a cartoon. What? He said he wanted Earth 838 to feel like a real place yet all we got was New York with pizza balls, a memory Lane machine, all the cool characters were killed and red traffic lights.

How the multiverse is used in Into the Spider Verse feels more epic than the way it was used in this movie.

Edited by exomassey
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

One thing about Mr Fantastic that I don't understand - why did they make him such a jobber who didn't even get to fight Wanda? Curious creative choice for the character that's going to lead F4 movies. It isn't like they won't turn it around in F4 by making him badass and shit, but it's still a very weird way to introduce the character or even the character's variant. Doesn't exactly scream "I want to see more of that guy!" I can't even blame scheduling conflict cause they can seamlessly combine footage of actors who aren't in the same scene. On the other hand, they gave Captain Britain and Captain Marvel a fighting scenes although they don't seem poised to headline any movie soon. They were jobbers too but at least have done something. Mr Fantatic was a joke that didn't make his fans laugh by the look of comments everywhere. They are fuming. Quite predictable outcome so I don't know what Marvel was thinking.

Edited by Valonqar

4 hours ago, exomassey said:

I just listened to a few interviews with Michael Waldron and the way he talks about this movie, I feel like he made every boring decision possible.

He talked about how he didn’t want to travel the multiverse too much because it would be like a cartoon. What? He said he wanted Earth 838 to feel like a real place yet all we got was New York with pizza balls, a memory Lane machine, all the cool characters were killed and red traffic lights.

How the multiverse is used in Into the Spider Verse feels more epic than the way it was used in this movie.

Earth-838 didn't feel like a real place at all, lmao. It just felt a boring fake world, especially after we saw so much cooler stuff in the montage right before. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Earth-838 didn't feel like a real place at all, lmao. It just felt a boring fake world, especially after we saw so much cooler stuff in the montage right before. 

Yeah it’s like can you imagine how cool if Strange was stuck in Noir world or the Cyber Punk one?

No, let’s have him walk around a New York that looks a little futuristic!

Multiverse of Drabness!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

One thing about Mr Fantastic that I don't understand - why did they make him such a jobber who didn't even get to fight Wanda? Curious creative choice for the character that's going to lead F4 movies. It isn't like they won't turn it around in F4 by making him badass and shit, but it's still a very weird way to introduce the character or even the character's variant. Doesn't exactly scream "I want to see more of that guy!" I can't even blame scheduling conflict cause they can seamlessly combine footage of actors who aren't in the same scene. On the other hand, they gave Captain Britain and Captain Marvel a fighting scenes although they don't seem poised to headline any movie soon. They were jobbers too but at least have done something. Mr Fantatic was a joke that didn't make his fans laugh by the look of comments everywhere. They are fuming. Quite predictable outcome so I don't know what Marvel was thinking.

Alao i don't get what exactly were the intentions of Director and Writer regarding illuminati.

They were so arrogant and condensending towards Strange, dismissing his warning about Wanda with a smugness, that didn't made audience root for them.

Then you had Wanda brutality dispatch them.

So did makers wanted Audience to root for Illuminati and hate wanda more or they wanted audience to actually root for the crazy villain of movies killing arrogant but innocent Heroes. 

So i don't really get the point of that scene and whatever intended effect on audience makers wanted.

10 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Alao i don't get what exactly were the intentions of Director and Writer regarding illuminati.

They were so arrogant and condensending towards Strange, dismissing his warning about Wanda with a smugness, that didn't made audience root for them.

Then you had Wanda brutality dispatch them.

So did makers wanted Audience to root for Illuminati and hate wanda more or they wanted audience to actually root for the crazy villain of movies killing arrogant but innocent Heroes. 

So i don't really get the point of that scene and whatever intended effect on audience makers wanted.

It's to show how much of a threat Wanda is

On 5/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, Saul Goodman said:

I was feeling a bit burnout of superhero stuff last month. Didn't like The Batman much on a rewatch and found NWH good but not great like seeing it back in theaters. DS2 sort of pulled me in again, reminded me what veterans of the genre like Raimi can do. Whole movie had such style and wackiness of the Strange comics!

Yeah... As messy as the story and execution is at times in Strange seeing the Raimi flourishes in fits and starts reminded of what it's like when an old school, veteran filmmaker goes ham and just brings it. I loved the music sheet fight... A nice nod to Kung Fu Hustle even if unintentionally. I loved the last shot of the film (not including stingers here) being Strange having a third eye pop up because he toyed around with that evil book or whatever. Very funhouse horror and had me grinning and laughing.

I loved Wanda using the reflections to crawl through and terrorize Strange, Wong and America after Strange believes he has her trapped. I loved Black Bolt's head popping like a grape. I loved Strange literally pulling that creature's eye out at the beginning. I loved the campy reanimated Strange and his cloak made of damned souls. Those four creatures that helped Wanda were super lame in design though. Loved the reanimated Strange winking at America. Campbell cameo was weak for me though. Did not love that they didn't go to more multiverse locations. They teased some cool ones when Strange and America were floating through before reaching the 838 one or whatever number it was...

The shield crap at magic Strange temple headquarters was super lame though. I'm surprised they didn't something more interesting there. Oh, loved the brutal neck snap of X after Wanda retreat further away into the rubble when X is trying to free her from evil Wanda's hold. Jump scares were fun too.

Did not love Wong. Might as well have had him in it even less. America was just there Raimi only seemed interested in Wanda and Strange to be honest. Probably why he had some fun immediately killing off the alternate Avenger crew. Get rid of 'em.

Story is messy and rushed so most of the movie never really breathes which is generally not great.

7 hours ago, exomassey said:

Still felt like a cartoon anyway with the basic production design inside the Baxter building, that silly yellow hover chair, and Black Bolt looking like a CW reject. 

This movie's writing and story felt very early 2000s... so did the directing.... and when you think about how many projects Raimi has done in the past decade, it's kind of like "oh that makes sense".