Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

Wanda kinda is dany except that 

Dany didn't see the error of her ways and got killed by Jon as a result, while Wanda realizes that she's scaring her children so she destroys Darkhold 2.0 and herself in the process. Well, we are led to believe that she may be dead which is very doubtful (the castle crumbles onto her).

Just saw

Xavier snap. Brutal. They didn't try to make it nice or dignified.

Strange vs 3 Eyed Strange (Strange Supreme? Is that his name?). Liked the psychology ("Are you happy, Steven?") though not that it's all about Christine, such an unremarkable character. Liked the fight but not that there was a useless giant fuckin CGI vortex in the background cause we can't have a clean fight focused on the fighters can we?

Wanda's character didn't bother me at all, it's one of the most interesting parts of the film - and I didn't like WandaVision very much by the end of it. And at no point in the film do they state that good Wanda is just non-existent now, they have a silly explanation for it up their sleeve. Much much better than the illuminati, a group I was happy to see get kicked out immediately. It's borderline hilarious how much it feels like Raimi just having zero investment in the pointless cameo aspect and uses the first opportunity he could to have the better villain utterly decimate them. Instead of having the multiverse movie be a noisy circus of cameos, Raimi is more interested in the characters and whether or not they're truly happy with the reality they belong with - or if the possibility of a nostalgic fantasy in their dream is an option for them via the multiverse, and all the horrors that comes with. Much more interesting use of the multiverse for something like this. 

There's more moments in the film that started to feel like the movie poking fun at the relentlessly tiresome (and spoiled) fans of the MCU. Bruce Campbell playing some random guy who through magic punches himself in the face over and over, and Strange says it'll pass in 3 weeks. Cut to the post credits scene with the whole audience sitting in eager anticipation for a commercial to another product... and instead it's back to Campbell punching himself until the spell wears off and he laughs in happiness looking directly into the camera shouting "IT'S OVER!". End of movie. The experience of watching one of these is like punching yourself over and over again. I'm very happy the artform of Sam beating up Bruce has now made its way to the biggest franchise of all-time.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's borderline hilarious how much it feels like Raimi just having zero investment in the pointless cameo aspect and uses the first opportunity he could to have the better villain utterly decimate them. Instead of having the multiverse movie be a noisy circus of cameos, Raimi is more interested in the characters and whether or not they're truly happy with the reality they belong with - or if the possibility of a nostalgic fantasy in their dream is an option for them via the multiverse, and all the horrors that comes with. Much more interesting use of the multiverse for something like this. 

I unironically love that Illuminati were such jobbers lolololololol. Like, so you want cameos? Now destroy them, Wanda! :bravo:

Happiness aspect is also a good one. Like that too. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I have not seen it, but it' was one film I decided I wanted to be spoiled about.

I suspect that what happens with Wanda will cause a replay of the whole fuss over what happened with Dany in the climax of "Game Of Thrones". A lot of her fans will be upset at her going over to the dark side, despite the fact that Wandavision was very careful to  build that a real possibility. Fans often see just what they want to see.

For me, that Wanda is so conflicted is what makes her such an interesting charecter. 

\\

No, Wanda being evil is fine. It's nothing like Dany at all.

Why do you speculate in a spoiler thread though? Kinda useless in here.

I liked the movie overall.

I agree that it was a good choice to have the Illuminate take not that much of the runtime.

Wanda, Strange and Chavez were all really good. I mean we knew that for the former 2 already, but Xochi Gomez was a surprise. I bet she will be great in the next movies.

Elizabeth Olsen rocked it a lot. Good last performance I guess. I always liked her and SW is one of my favorite heroes for over 20 years now, so I was really happy when she came in. And I am really sad now :(

But we get Clea, yay :) Also a 3rd eye 😮

Pro:

- The 3 mains were great

- Nice visuals overall and soundtrack was also great

- Wanda is a great villain here imo

- Nice cameos that didn't take a lot of time

Con:

- Raimi horror is boring to me and his camerawork+editing is just not mine

- Plot was kinda meh

- Wanda :(

Will still watch it again though.

6 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

The massive outrage and backlash that a POC Reed would case is really not worth it IMO. 

Any outrage over that would not be worth bending to lol. His descendant is already a black man.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Any Avatar trailer enjoyers in here?

I'd hardly call it a trailer but it certainly got the most reactions out of everyone aside from a trailer for a German movie.

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

What is Wanda's story arc and why are some people claiming it will be controversial to fans? Does she die at the end?

Seems like it - but getting crushed by a little bit of rubble - yeah - I have a hard time believing that.

7 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Someone had to get her to the point where she could realize she is fucking everything up - but yeah, could have been called Scarlet Witch and the Multiverse of Madness (Or Wanda and... if you want).

Still thought both of them (Chavez and Strange both were great performances).

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeha I know tags in spoiler thread are ridic but some people complained or trolled or whatever.

Nvm saw the whole clip, all deaths. Illuminati are such jobbers lol.

Reveal hidden contents

I guess his powers had to go somewhere, so they went to his brain and ....

Illuminati were like 5 seconds of it all.

And there deaths were quite graphic - kinda didn't feel like Marvel - yeah people die all the time in the movies, but it seemed different here. (also that poor neck).

So overall:

Pro:

Wanda was an amazing villain

Strange questions about happiness 

Chavez nice addition

the cgi etc. was good

It was 120 Minutes - so they didn't really waste too much time anywhere

the kids did their job incredibly well

Con:

End felt almost anticlimactic - specifically her end.

I didn't really need those deaths

story line sometimes felt a bit weird, but honestly that is something a lot of marvel movies have.

• Like 2

The complaint about there being too much Wanda doesn't make any sense when SHE'S THE ACTUAL VILLAIN OF THE MOVIE, so of course her screentime is gonna equal Strange's.

Also Agatha Harkness being terrified of her and warning Wanda "what have you done" at the end of Wandavision pretty much foreshadowed how absolutely nightmarishly powerful she is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

The massive outrage and backlash that a POC Reed would case is really not worth it IMO. 

Besides, we have had two attempts at the Fantastic Four that made some pretty drastic changes to the classic Main Marvel Universe FF. Both failed. I think Feige wants to give us the FF most people grew up with.

But that actor who plays Reed in this movie has been one of the rumored Reed Richards for a long time. So I am sort of hoping that Emily Blunt, who has had two near missed at the MCU (she was originally cast as Black Widow but had to pull out when she was Pregnant  and could not fit Agent Carter in the first Captain America movie into her schedule) might make it as Sue Storm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The complaint about there being too much Wanda doesn't make any sense when SHE'S THE ACTUAL VILLAIN OF THE MOVIE, so of course her screentime is gonna equal Strange's.

Also Agatha Harkness being terrified of her and warning Wanda "what have you done" at the end of Wandavision pretty much foreshadowed how absolutely nightmarishly powerful she is.

And that line about how she is more powerful then the Supreme Socerer...

Frankly, the only Marvel Hero I think could be a match for her is Captain Marvel...

Edited by dudalb

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And, as mentioned in Wandavision, she came very close to taking out Thanos single handed.

And that was before she relized her full powers...

Edited by dudalb

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Frankly, the only Marvel Hero I think could be a match for her is Captain Marvel...

One Captain Marvel is viciously crushed by her in this movie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1