Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

13 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

They aren't going to make Wanda a mutant again. She hadn't been for a long time now.

If you are talking about the comics the only reason she hasn't been one for a long time, i.e. 2015, is because they retconned it due to film rights (i.e AoU and DOFP were coming out). Most people who read the comics dislike the retcon because it brought absolutely nothing new (on the contrary it took her and Pietro's complex family relationship with their father away, among other things). It was done simply due to copyrights.

In the MCU she has never been confirmed a mutant - and they legally couldn't until after 03/2019 - only that her powers were exacerbated due to the infinity stone.

59 minutes ago, FilmFincher said:

The Bruce Campbell cameo was perfect, full on physical comedy. 

56 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So happy to see him beat himself up again.

Having just watched Evil Dead 2 again afew nights ago, this worked for me 😂😂

• Like 1

Though i can see how wanda character change will confuse some , i liked that they commited to making her full evil and didnt chicken out like in the wandavision finale with that terrible piece of dialog from rambeau.  she was ruthless in this though i wish it could have been written better bse GA May find her turn quite jarring.

they let sam raimi have fun with with this.  brutality level in here was suprising . black bolt head caving gave me quite a gasp. wanda chasing  them blood soaked with rage in her eyes ,zombie strange rising and taking control of the souls was all so fantastic and well shot. 

in terms of visuals it was good. scott derickson succeded and was much better in this department. spell casting here was sort of underwhelming for me. even the russos and watts did a better job in  action sequences using magic 

mc adams was utilised alot better in this movie which i liked

The whole illuminerdi arc should have been given a little more time. Wanda takes them out way too easy. they got to be one of the dumbest assemble. man just introducing such intersting characters who are willing to kill one of their own if it means saving the world and then just disposing them off as nothing just felt so anti climatic. I Know wanda is powerful but damn thats just too much.

Atleast it should have been  a formidabble battle.

chavez was fine enough in the role but she was majorly the macguffin of the plot

loved Dr strange s  arc in this too.

final battle was also rushed hated how wanda was killed of. Hate death scenes were they just cut off and an amount of time passes

overall was fast paced and moved along swiftly  ,was never bored . it could have done with an additional 20 mins because it was really rushed at points. it was fun but i was fully invested in everything going on.

8/10.  Best of phase 4 for me.  direction was good, script was meh

Edited by joe liviig

6 hours ago, Fox20 said:

I must say it's funny how Maria can die/be defeated from a falling statue but Carol can survive the damn core of a planet on What if lmao.

seems like wanda absorbed her powers right before the explosion, because her mask disappeared and she stopped glowing before the statue came down on her.

• Like 1

Wanda's storyline kinda gave me Dany from GoT final season vibes... like I think the progression from Wandavision can make sense but it just felt off in this movie  

I was disappointed with the movie tbh. Need to process it more and I've previously planned to see it again so hopefully my opinion isn't worse. 

The mid credits scene... zzz not Eternals having better post credit scenes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe liviig said:

Though i can see how wanda character change will confuse some , i liked that they commited to making her full evil and didnt chicken out like in the wandavision finale with that terrible piece of dialog from rambeau.  she was ruthless in this though i wish it could have been written better bse GA May find her turn quite jarring.

they let sam raimi have fun with with this.  brutality level in here was suprising . black bolt head caving gave me quite a gasp. wanda chasing  them blood soaked with rage in her eyes ,zombie strange rising and taking control of the souls was all so fantastic and well shot. 

in terms of visuals it was good. scott derickson succeded and was much better in this department. spell casting here was sort of underwhelming for me. even the russos and watts did a better job in  action sequences using magic 

mc adams was utilised alot better in this movie which i liked

The whole illuminerdi arc should have been given a little more time. Wanda takes them out way too easy. they got to be one of the dumbest assemble. man just introducing such intersting characters who are willing to kill one of their own if it means saving the world and then just disposing them off as nothing just felt so anti climatic. I Know wanda is powerful but damn thats just too much.

Atleast it should have been  a formidabble battle.

chavez was fine enough in the role but she was majorly the macguffin of the plot

loved Dr strange s  arc in this too.

final battle was also rushed hated how wanda was killed of. Hate death scenes were they just cut off and an amount of time passes

overall was fast paced and moved along swiftly  ,was never bored . it could have done with an additional 20 mins because it was really rushed at points. it was fun but i was fully invested in everything going on.

8/10.  Best of phase 4 for me.  direction was good, script was meh

I remember reading rumors about making reshoots to make Wanda less evil. Guess they were BS cause I don't know how she could have been more evil.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Wanda's storyline kinda gave me Dany from GoT final season vibes... like I think the progression from Wandavision can make sense but it just felt off in this movie  

I was disappointed with the movie tbh. Need to process it more and I've previously planned to see it again so hopefully my opinion isn't worse. 

The mid credits scene... zzz not Eternals having better post credit scenes. 

Did Eternals have a better mid credits scene? 

I think it depends on each person. 

I think they both do the same thing. Which is: tease a celebrity joining the MCU. Unless you're talking about the scene itself. 

For me, Charlize Theron joining the MCU is a much more exciting prospect than Harry Styles. And Charlize just looked GORGEOUS. 

I honestly don't care or like about Styles music carrer. But I do get a feeling that there's a potential movie star there. 

I am just so here for queer America and her new adopted gay Dads to find her lesbian Moms and live in a magic commune. 🥰🥰

Also when the fuck is secret wars dropping cause mah gawd, when Sam and Peggy and Steve all show up and have their shared shield sequence I am GONNA DIE. 

• Like 1

I just saw the movie it was ok. Not what i expected, but i guess my expectations were to high.

7/10

But for me the best and most signifiant part was the introduction of charles xavier with the intro music of the 90ies x-men series, i´m a die hard x-men fan since over 30 years. Man i was a child again, this is now one of my most favorite scenes in the entire mcu 😁 I guess it was now confirmed that marvel/feige will make the 90ies series canon.

Edited by dignam

Not going into thoughts on everything but I enjoyed the movie while recognizing its flaws. I’m not a fan of Sam Raim’s directing style and I found some of the moments to be very cliche. I enjoyed the overall story, but found the way it was presented to be weak. I love how weird it got and the big moments hit well enough.

46 minutes ago, Cap said:

Also when the fuck is secret wars dropping cause mah gawd, when Sam and Peggy and Steve all show up and have their shared shield sequence I am GONNA DIE. 

This was my big take away from the overall story. This whole film was essentially just a micro-setup for Secret Wars / Battleworld, which will make IW/EG look like Ant-Man (scale wise). I imagine it will still be 5-7 years away before we get there, and we will probably have 1-2 other Avengers films before that.

2 hours ago, Blackout said:

seems like wanda absorbed her powers right before the explosion, because her mask disappeared and she stopped glowing before the statue came down on her.

100%. So when the statue comes down, Maria is just another human. Means she pancake now. 

Wanda is truly the most powerful. 

Edited by Valonqar

I genuinely did not enjoy it at all..

Script was lazy and CGI / makeup was off. Pacing was also terrible.

What a waste of the cameos to let them all die in 5mins.

I was really hoping to enjoy it because i usually align to the RT scores, but this time I don't get how it is close to 80%??