Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

Not sure why but screen count and showtimes were slashed in my area. Genuinely don’t know why, because they’re giving extra screens to Hindi films that aren’t pulling any business, and Canadian movies like All My Puny Sorrows and Peace By Chocolate (good films, but do they REALLY think they’re going to make any money next to Dr Strange?)

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

DS1 grossed 445 OS whereas TB is at 367. Although if we remove China from both of those numbers we get DS1 at 335m OS and TB at 343m OS. So it is perfectly reasonable that DS1 could have opened higher than TB1 in many international markets. 

TB OS is at 395 ? What Markets did the TB open in on Wednesday ? I know it opened in Japan/SK the lowest markets for TB. I don't know, I find it weird.

44 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

I'm only liking under protest 😠

But on the other hand, If we don’t get numbers, we have nothing to fight about here (since no spoilers so the fighting will just be in that thread)

😉

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not sure why but screen count and showtimes were slashed in my area. Genuinely don’t know why, because they’re giving extra screens to Hindi films that aren’t pulling any business, and Canadian movies like All My Puny Sorrows and Peace By Chocolate (good films, but do they REALLY think they’re going to make any money next to Dr Strange?)

Hehe, in India Dr Strange is going to open more than Any Bollywood movie has opened post pandemic.

And more than 2.5 times the biggest Bollywood opener this year. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Positive vibes:

Today was the first time i cooked Spaghetti where i was actually proud of the result.

I've gotten into cooking over the past couple months and it's a pure joy. My spaghetti carbonara is to die for!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Goverment mandates would be my guess. Those Canadian and Hindi movies might also have contractual obligations involved.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I don't know where else to post this, but this movie has one of the biggest releases I think I've ever seen for a Hollywood movie in my homeland:

Screenshot-2022-05-05-12-42-47-988-com-s

The amount of showtimes here are mindblowing to me. I don't think even No Way Home had this many. And they're filling up fast (at least the ones that were available during presales). Here are a few examples from my local mall theater:

Screenshot-2022-05-05-12-56-02-268-com-s

Screenshot-2022-05-05-12-56-18-312-com-s

Screenshot-2022-05-05-12-56-35-855-com-s

Screenshot-2022-05-05-12-57-03-296-com-s

The one at the top is not as busy because of a large chunk of the target audience being busy with school (although some faculties, including my college [which is the reason why I intend on going to the showing at 12:00], are giving students the week off as a means for connected Eid Mubarak to the weekend), but the other showtimes are already packed. And this is just Friday. Imagine how big this movie's going to be on the weekend when the adults are also free.

This got lost in the main movie thread, so I'm reposting it here.

29 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

TB OS is at 395 ? What Markets did the TB open in on Wednesday ? I know it opened in Japan/SK the lowest markets for TB. I don't know, I find it weird.

Ah yeah my bad, fixed it now. I mistook the domestic gross for OS on Mojo. 

28 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Hehe, in India Dr Strange is going to open more than Any Bollywood movie has opened post pandemic.

And more than 2.5 times the biggest Bollywood opener this year. 

How did The Batman do in India?

27 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Many Asian markets have new releases on Wednesdays, including HK, Singapore, Thailand, and SK. I think DS1 did better than TB in most if not all of these markets. So not really surprising. Markets that TB did well (e.g., UK) usually have new releases on Thursdays or Fridays.

Just now, poweranimals said:

Can someone explain the thread title to me? I don't get it, 

America Chavez is a character that appears in the movie (first gif of first post).

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

America Chavez is a character that appears in the movie (first gif of first post).

Think he is asking about the 2nd part of the thread title. Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

I knew that much. Lol.

Just now, TigerPaw said:

Think he is asking about the 2nd part of the thread title. Lol

Oh lol sorry. The second part is probably referring to @Cap's positive vibes policy in this thread. Basically, we have to behave nicely i guess.

34 minutes ago, LeoC said:

Many Asian markets have new releases on Wednesdays, including HK, Singapore, Thailand, and SK. I think DS1 did better than TB in most if not all of these markets. So not really surprising. Markets that TB did well (e.g., UK) usually have new releases on Thursdays or Fridays.

Thought so.