Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

Well in the battle between multiverse movies, Doctor Strange obviously run financially and has the most eyes on it.

Lol, no hate on Everything Everywhere. I heard it's fantastic but it's too much of an art film for the GA.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Well in the battle between multiverse movies, Doctor Strange obviously run financially and has the most eyes on it.

Lol, no hate on Everything Everywhere. I heard it's fantastic but it's too much of an art film for the GA.

googly eyes GIF

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

@Cap Who won the contest for previews? 

I haven’t had time to take a look. But I can tally that up once we get done with the play tonight.

Also depending on how tight everyone was with their predictions, we might not know until Monday. Because I said that the tiebreaker was going to be whoever was the most accurate for the overall predictions for the weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I just checked youtube and see bad reviews and these are mostly fanboys. Movie will collapse by the end of the weekend. It may even miss 1B WW

You overestimate the impact of fanboys.

ANd it might no make one billion, but it will stll make huge profits for DIsney,

I find the idea that a bunch of youtube reviews could wreck the film.s legs to be a bit silly, frankly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I just checked youtube and see bad reviews and these are mostly fanboys. Movie will collapse by the end of the weekend. It may even miss 1B WW

Yeah. That's why Captain Marvel collapsed. Oh, wait!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maggie said:

what is your domestic/overseas split? it looks like opening to 275m OS and so I fail to see how it misses 1B even if it misses 400m domestic. Its not as if next couple of weeks something big is opening. Top Gun is not opening for 3 weeks and its not as if it will break out in every market. 

• Like 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

what is your domestic/overseas split? it looks like opening to 275m OS and so I fail to see how it misses 1B even if it misses 400m domestic. Its not as if next couple of weeks something big is opening. Top Gun is not opening for 3 weeks and its not as if it will break out in every market. 

I see bigger drops internationally. I think it will make just about a billion it all depends how this weekend goes in terms of reception.

Just now, SupermanLego said:

I see bigger drops internationally. I think it will make just about a billion it all depends how this weekend goes in terms of reception.

Many overseas markets are not that front loaded. Japan, Europe, Australia and even part of Latin America. Of course Dr Strange 2 looks like opening HUGE in many markets and so 2nd weekend drop wont be pretty. Still people underestimate how much it can do beyond that. We have seen that for many movies and I have been tracking BO for over 2 decades now. 

There are exceptions like BvS where things were so Toxic(from the week before release and afterwards) and it collapsed spectacularly after OD. I doubt Dr Strange 2 will behave like that.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Omg it may miss a billion? Whatever will Feige do?

Some of you are so dramatic. We’re talking about a Dr Strange sequel and a billion dollars, that’s absolutely insane that those two words are even in the same sentence. Wether it hits that number or not means nothing. The movies gonna make a shitload of money and every mcu fan will still be there on preview night for Thor in July. 

• Like 8

if you compare Captain Marvel review videos to the same ones you're "claiming" to see on Youtube you would see Doctor Strange is more liked than Captain Marvel movie so that comparison in itself is B.S cuz we all know how Captain Marvel went

Just now, SupermanLego said:

These reviews are not by reactionaries though....

Captain Marvel was also destroyed by the fanboys.

"Captain Marvel is a missed opportunity."
"The movie is boring"

"The movie is awful"
"Captain Marvel is like a phase one movie"

"Samuel L. Jackson carried the movie"

"Yon-Rogg is the worst villain ever"

What's this revisionist history where CM had bad reception? This movie has worse PostTrak scores than CM and probably worse Cinemascore as well. Still the reception isn't bad, the movie will be frontloaded but it won't crash and burn. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Maggie said:

A bit dramatic, yes?

Reviews and especially fanboy reviews do not determine how good a movies opening or legs will be. That is for the GA to decide.

• Like 1