Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Not sure why but screen count and showtimes were slashed in my area. Genuinely don’t know why, because they’re giving extra screens to Hindi films that aren’t pulling any business, and Canadian movies like All My Puny Sorrows and Peace By Chocolate (good films, but do they REALLY think they’re going to make any money next to Dr Strange?)

I wouldn't say slashed, but I'm a little surprised by the number of showings. I'm assuming you're in Canada (as why else are there Canadian films), and likely dealing with Cineplex. 

There might be a conscious decision to not overrun theatres with the latest Marvel film. It's hard to complain to other studios to not put out more content if you're not giving up the screens, even if they struggle to meet the demand of the 5th or 6th screen of Doctor Strange. 

That said, I managed to pick up good seats today for Doctor Strange for a 9pm showtime, so, I don't think the film is struggling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cap said:

So for all of you out there that are like oh my god what do you mean positive vibes only, how are we supposed to do that? Here’s a really great example:

- I woke up this morning with a headache

- Checked my phone and saw a clap back PM

- Got stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam because no joke, the bridge between NH and Maine was closed “because of an incident with the police”

- Got shut out of my AEW Forbidden Door tickets during the pre sale cause I just HAPPENED to be in the ONE dead zone area for cell reception/the site crashed. 

It’s not even noon

BUT!

There is still regular sales tickets available for tomorrow; and the sky is blue, and we are motoring along at 75mph again. So.

Positive Vibes Only!

My feet are killing me.  I have to be back to work in 11 hours. My next day off isn’t til Monday. But hey I’ve got only 2 hours left til I see that sweet crisp 

on the big screen

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Oh lol sorry. The second part is probably referring to @Cap's positive vibes policy in this thread. Basically, we have to behave nicely i guess.

It’s also that Eric’s rule is usually “Don’t Be A Dick” but cause it’s Marvel I changed it to A-Hole cause of the GOTG reference!

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Yeah. I now believe in 200M too. I think it will win the summer domestic. Jurassic takes the crown WW

it has to win WW when China boxoffice is taken out or otherwise it isn't fair. 

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I wonder if every MCU movie in 2022 can cross 750m WW after a lackluster 2021.

2021 - Covid + C-Tier Heroes

2022 - A-Tier Heroes

2023 - B-Tier and A-Tier Heroes

Yeah sure.

34 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Yeah. I now believe in 200M too. I think it will win the summer domestic. Jurassic takes the crown WW

I disagree. Doctor Strange and Dominion will probably be very close in terms of OW, but DS will be more frontloaded because of the rush to avoid spoilers, giving JWD a big chance for better legs if its well-received.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I disagree. Doctor Strange and Dominion will probably be very close in terms of OW, but DS will be more frontloaded because of the rush to avoid spoilers, giving JWD a big chance for better legs if its well-received.

You could be right, but imo 200M OW will be hard for Dominion. The last one opened to 148, a big drop from the first one. Why it dropped so badly idk. I was under the impression people enjoyed the first one

edit: i missread your post. you're talking about legs. yeah, it will have better legs than Strange, but will it be enough?

Edited by Maggie

7 hours ago, Eric loves Rey said:

@Blankments @WrathOfHan Because I forgot last week and I have admin privileges 🙃

7x:

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: Red Rocket, King Richard, Dog, The Batman, The Guide, The Lost City, Everything Everywhere All at Once

6x:

Downton Abbey: A New Era: Dog, Death on the Nile, The Lost City, The Outfit, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Petite Maman

Lightyear: The King's Man, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Dog, Death on the Nile, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, The Bad Guys

5x:

The Bad Guys: King Richard, Dog, Death on the Nile, The Lost City, Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: Death on the Nile, Uncharted, The Guide, The Lost City, Everything Everywhere All at Once

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: The Batman, The Guide, The Lost City, Ambulance, The Bad Guys

4x:

Jurassic World: Dominion: Uncharted, RRR, Ambulance, The Northman

Elvis: The Batman, X, Ambulance, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Nope: The Batman, X, Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

DC League of Super Pets: King Richard, The Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, The Bad Guys

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Dog, Uncharted, The Guide, RRR

3x:

Mothering Sunday: The Worst Person in the World, Oscar-Nominated Animated Shorts, The Outfit

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: West Side Story, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, The Lost City

Men: X, Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Northman

Bullet Train: The Batman, Ambulance, The Northman

2x:

Everything Everywhere All at Once: X, Petite Maman (could get one more from the local arthouse)

Ambulance: The King's Man, The Guide

The Duke: The Outfit, Petite Maman

Top Gun: Maverick: The Lost City, Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The Bob's Burgers Movie: Death on the Nile, The Northman

Minions: The Rise of Gru: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, The Bad Guys

Black Adam: Uncharted, The Batman

Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom: Uncharted, The Batman

The Flash: Uncharted, The Batman

1x:

The Rose Maker: Petite Maman

Ghani: RRR

The Northman: The Batman

Memory: Ambulance

Firestarter: Ambulance

Marcel the Shell with Shoes On: Everything Everywhere All at Once

Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The Devil's Light: The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish: The Bad Guys

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre: The King's Man

The Unbreakable Boy: King Richard

What does those numbers mean?

38 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I wonder if every MCU movie in 2022 can cross 750m WW after a lackluster 2021.

2021 - Covid + C-Tier Heroes

2022 - A-Tier Heroes

2023 - B-Tier and A-Tier Heroes

Yes, easily. I would even say there's a chance all three cross a billion, which by the way, I created this club and still admit in or outs until Saturday 8am PST

Edited by Grebacio
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The Avatar trailer was nice to see on the big screen today for sure.

Yeh I didn’t realise we were getting it, must’ve missed that. It looked fine, but I’ll need to rewatch the first film again, only seen it the once.