Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

34 minutes ago, Maggie said:

You could be right, but imo 200M OW will be hard for Dominion. The last one opened to 148, a big drop from the first one. Why it dropped so badly idk. I was under the impression people enjoyed the first one

edit: i missread your post. you're talking about legs. yeah, it will have better legs than Strange, but will it be enough?

I very much think so. But that shoudnt come as a surprise to you at this point :qotd:

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

The movie just ended and I’m waiting for that last post credits scene. I can’t wait to venture into the spoiler thread lol.

Without any spoilers ofc: Did you like the movie?

So this is happen

MCU Tier list 

S: IW, NWH

A: EG, BP, Gotg1/2, IM, Thor3, Avengers

B: Cap2, AoU, Shangchi, MoM

C : Civilwar, Eternals, Spidey1/2, BW, DS

D CM, IM3, Cap1, Antman, Thor

💩Antman2, IM2, Thor2, Hulk

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

We're doing MCU rankings? Very well.

S-Tier: Infinity War, Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Captain America: The Winter Soldier

A-Tier: Avengers: Endgame, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2, Iron Man

B-Tier: Doctor Strange, Iron Man 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming & Far From Home, Captain America: The First Avenger, Shang-Chi

C-Tier: Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Iron Man 2, Ant-Man, Thor, Civil War

D-Tier: The Incredible Hulk, Age of Dulltron 

F-Tier: Thor 2, Ant-Man 2

Havent seen Eternals and Black Widow

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

44 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Without any spoilers ofc: Did you like the movie?

It was better than all the phase four movies except Spider-Man imo. I have only seen NWH once though 

No Way Home

MOM

Shang Chi

Eternals

Black Widow

is my ranking for the phase four films

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

24 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

We're doing MCU rankings? Very well.

S-Tier: Infinity War, Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Captain America: The Winter Soldier

A-Tier: Avengers: Endgame, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2, Iron Man

B-Tier: Doctor Strange, Iron Man 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming & Far From Home, Captain America: The First Avenger, Shang-Chi

C-Tier: Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Iron Man 2, Ant-Man, Thor, Civil War

D-Tier: The Incredible Hulk, Age of Dulltron 

F-Tier: Thor 2, Ant-Man 2

Havent seen Eternals and Black Widow

I’ll go off me Letterboxd:

5/5 - Black Panther

4.5/5 - Guardians Volume 2, Ragnarok, Guardians Volume 1

4/5 - Iron Man 3, Shang-Chi, The First Avenger, Iron Man, The Avengers, Ant Man and The Wasp, The Winter Soldier, Infinity War

3.5/5 - No Way Home, Eternals, Endgame, WandaVision, Strange, Hawkeye, Ant Man

3/5 - Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Loki, Homecoming, Ultron

2.5/5 - Iron Man 2, Civil War, What If..?, Hulk

2/5 - Thor, FaTWS, Far From Home

1.5/5 - The Dark World

Likely won’t watch Moon Knight, the Disney plus shows hasn’t been great and I’ve got other shows to watch. I’ll check out Ms. Marvel but I have no further interest in the plus shows.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

Wound me up no end that Odeon attached a full on ‘sneak peek’ of Top Gun before Strange today. Assume AMC have done the same as they’re the same entity?

Five plus minutes looking at the floor as I didn’t want to see an entire scene from the movie. Trailers are bad enough for spoilers, but at least they’re not chunks of the movie. 

The sound of those jets in imax though 😍

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I am so confused by the MCU that I thought we were still in phase 3. What the hell was phase 2's story arc?

Ant Man stealing shit. That’s it oh and Ultron cause Iron Man to retire or something ion know.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am so confused by the MCU that I thought we were still in phase 3. What the hell was phase 2's story arc?

Tony fucking around.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The phases themselves do not have separate arcs. Each phase is just bookended by an Avengers movie (strangely FFH in case of Phase 3). 
All 3 phases combine into the the Infinity Saga arc. 

What will be the overarching plot from now onwards is still not known. Maybe there wont be one. 

19 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’ll go off me Letterboxd:

5/5 - Black Panther

4.5/5 - Guardians Volume 2, Ragnarok, Guardians Volume 1

4/5 - Iron Man 3, Shang-Chi, The First Avenger, Iron Man, The Avengers, Ant Man and The Wasp, The Winter Soldier, Infinity War

3.5/5 - No Way Home, Eternals, Endgame, WandaVision, Strange, Hawkeye, Ant Man

3/5 - Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Loki, Homecoming, Ultron

2.5/5 - Iron Man 2, Civil War, What If..?, Hulk

2/5 - Thor, FaTWS, Far From Home

1.5/5 - The Dark World

Likely won’t watch Moon Knight, the Disney plus shows hasn’t been great and I’ve got other shows to watch. I’ll check out Ms. Marvel but I have no further interest in the plus shows.

Hit Monkey on Hulu...absolutely bonkers, no MCU formula, Marvel animated show...it's for late night viewing when you need something short, funny, and pretty dang violent and nuts to sleep...

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Yeah. I now believe in 200M too. I think it will win the summer domestic. Jurassic takes the crown WW

I think 200 has become less likely since a few days ago actually. Still favored but now I could see it missing, before reviews I was super confident in hitting. 

• Like 2