Eric Atreides

Weekdays Thread (5/9-12) | Strange 13.6M Monday, 12.6M Tuesday, 9.1M Wednesday, 8.1M Thursday

14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Wednesday is gonna be a very interesting number to see where this movie goes, now that the 5 day OW set (Monday being cheap old people and Tuesday being cheap families) is now over...

Prolly 9.5M would be a good number. $9M on Thursday sets it for a $70M+ wknd. 

2 hours ago, BruiseCruise said:

$12.6m for DS2 (-7% YD)

Solid number. So close to that 13.1M AOU first Tuesday.

It's going to finish first week with +230M DOM. Add around 70M 2nd weekend to around 300M 10 day gross.

Not bad for a horror movie 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, stripe said:

Solid number. So close to that 13.1M AOU first Tuesday.

It's going to finish first week with +230M DOM. Add around 70M 2nd weekend to around 300M 10 day gross.

Not bad for a horror movie 

It is sweating clowns rigth now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

I think its more now you have to watch the shows as well to understand the movie, if you haven't seen wandavision then DS2 makes no sense to you

The real problem with DS2 is that if you have seen WV it… also makes no sense

• Like 6

Those weekdays say nothing and everything at all, it doesn't look like it will completely collapse, but it also doesn't look like it will develop any real legs.

Could

Wed be 9.5m

Thursday 9m

Friday 20m

Saturday 30m

Sunday 20m

So exactly 70m (-63 %) and it would be at 302m.

But probably might end up a little below.

35 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I agree with Charlie there. I don't read comic books because I'm not a nerd, I liked the movies as movies and now they're feeling way too wonky.

Nowadays Marvel are doing things like Gala showing dressed people instead of movie telling good stories. Metaphorically speaking, it's like academy who want better ratings tell people we're going to show you limitless surprises during Oscar like Will Smith hit Chris Rock type dramas instead of congratulating good movies and filmmakers. 

29 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Nowadays Marvel are doing things like Gala showing dressed people instead of movie telling good stories. Metaphorically speaking, it's like academy who want better ratings tell people we're going to show you limitless surprises during Oscar like Will Smith hit Chris Rock type dramas instead of congratulating good movies and filmmakers. 

Bruh. Hickman Hellfire Gala was dope. 

And I hope one day we have a huge movie of something similar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruiseCruise said:

I think its more now you have to watch the shows as well to understand the movie, if you haven't seen wandavision then DS2 makes no sense to you

I haven't seen Wandavision but was fine following the movie. I didn't know everything but it didn't prevent me from enjoying it. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, DTP said:

I haven't seen Wandavision but was fine following the movie. I didn't know everything but it didn't prevent me from enjoying it. 

Same with me, i didnt watch the Show either but the film was just too damn fun to think about the script too much lol. Also in hindsight and having watched summaries of the show, i get the complaints about certain things but i dont agree with them personally.

Rule of Cool applies with Doctor Strange 2 imo: If its so entertaining that a 2 hour movie feels like half an hour, the movies doing something right.

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Same with me, i didnt watch the Show either but the film was just too damn fun to think about the script too much lol. Also in hindsight and having watched summaries of the show, i get the complaints about certain things but i dont agree with them personally.

Rule of Cool applies with Doctor Strange 2 imo: If its so entertaining that a 2 hour movie feels like half an hour, the movies doing something right.

To think at one point it was 2hrs40m (allegedly)