Eric Atreides

Weekdays Thread (5/9-12) | Strange 13.6M Monday, 12.6M Tuesday, 9.1M Wednesday, 8.1M Thursday

2 hours ago, Taruseth said:

Those weekdays say nothing and everything at all, it doesn't look like it will completely collapse, but it also doesn't look like it will develop any real legs.

Could

Wed be 9.5m

Thursday 9m

Friday 20m

Saturday 30m

Sunday 20m

So exactly 70m (-63 %) and it would be at 302m.

But probably might end up a little below.

I'd give Friday a bit of a F13 boost but I like your Sat and Sun numbers

14 hours ago, SupermanLego said:

Batman would of edged itself to 375 without streaming. WB are clowns honestly since TG2 and MOM are not having the same release date, WB has to change this policy with the other DC releases this year.

Would HBOMAX be the 3rd most popular streaming service without their quick to streaming policy?

2 hours ago, Noiret Jak said:

100m still in Game for FB3 ? 
90/91M$ by sunday.

Maybe if Warner does some kind of push. It will hold enough screens until Top Gun, but then it will be release in HBO Max.

8 hours ago, MaverickXXR said:

Charlie on the radar of the big leakers 🤣

Ah. People not getting what I really meant by comic-book-y.

See Infinity Saga mostly followed approach of continuity franchise like Potter building the world with continuing character and stories. So you were interested in it. The magical & fantastical things were there ofcourse and I love them as well. But the power levels were very controlled.

I've never read a comic but going what I hear in comics anything happens. Phase 4 feels like that. 

• Like 3

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

Ah. People not getting what I really meant by comic-book-y.

See Infinity Saga mostly followed approach of continuity franchise like Potter building the world with continuing character and stories. So you were interested in it. The magical & fantastical things were there ofcourse and I love them as well. But the power levels were very controlled.

I've never read a comic but going what I hear in comics anything happens. Phase 4 feels like that. 

In other words, the storytelling and world building was simpler and now it's getting too big and confusing. Yes? Because I agree.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

In other words, the storytelling and world building was simpler and now it's getting too big and confusing. Yes? Because I agree.

I don't see how these leakers don't understand what's being said here. There is pretty obviously a difference in approach in phase 4 with the MCU being much less methodical in the worldbuilding than it used to be. It hasn't been a massive factor in my enjoyment but I do agree with this criticism. 

• Like 2

MCU was so successful because how casual or east, even something as outrageous as GOTG was simplified. 

Now it's just a comic book coming on screen and believe me majority of audience haven't even read a single Marvel comic me including, we are MCU fans, not Marvel fans. 

I enjoy MCU "MOVIES" and currently not only that's way too much of content overload, I also don't have any idea wtf is going on.

So yes - Comic Book movies can become too much Comicy

• Like 3

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

May be because I am from India, but seeing five/six elemental power stones shaping the universe is very believable to me :hahaha:

I think the key reason infinity stones can be so believable and widely accepted by audience is that Marvel already showed us the powers of these things in so many MCU movies from the first two phase. And we all have been convinced at the emotional level. If they just suddenly tell us that characters can do whatever they want with these things (especially that snap) in the latest two Avengers movies, it definitely would cause a major puzzle for people who don't care about comic books. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

I think the key reason infinity stones can be so believable and widely accepted by audience is that Marvel already showed us the powers of these things in so many MCU movies from the first two phase. And we all have been convinced at the emotional level. If they just suddenly tell us that characters can do whatever they want with these things (especially that snap) in the latest two Avengers movies, it definitely would cause a major puzzle for people who don't care about comic books. 

Very valid point.

35 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

It's like they're two different mediums, if you can believe it.

And they should remain so, don't try to turn movies into comic books.

Also the writing is hilarious since Infinity Saga..... I don't even know what they want to achieve, there's no linear path anymore, everything is just as the climax of LOKI - timelines branching here & there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Thanos killing half of universe in order to fuck Death would have been comic-booky and would have been bleh.

Killing half of universe because , "its a simple calculus little one,....." is CINEMA.

It's CINEMA because how much it resonates with current issues with the world about Overpopulation, Depleting natural resources, poverty, hunger, climate issues.

This is what you mean by Comic Book set in realm of Movie Universe.

22 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Absolutely, and the explanation was so simple.

Big Bang - most people have studied about it in schools - made these 6 Crystals. 

They've already shown what 5 of those crystals do - They followed "Show not Tell" in previous movies. 

Now only tell they need to do is telling the audience what will happen if Thanos gets all 6 together - and people will believe in it, because they've already seen them.

And compare them to current situation, i don't know half the things that are happening on screen, there's too much to take in.

• Like 1

All the way up to Endgame, things feels real, there are consequences. The emotional weight exists. Now since things are getting too fantastical, I can't feel any stakes. Nothing seems like it means anything. Everyone is a god. That was the same problem I had with DC movies before. 

• Like 5