BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

3 minutes ago, John2015 said:

Theaters will do well with "Downton Abbey: A New Era" in next week.

Most of the overseas market have DA2 drop half from first one. If this play as hint, the next week opening may only be around 15-20m, slightly better with DOTN which was hit hard super bowl Sunday 

Edited by titanic2187

8 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

This should bode well to DS2 second weekend right? But as I can recall, almost every marvel films have their 2nd weekend this empty and shallow. 

If it wasn't for the relatively divisive reception it would probably be one of the best second weekend drops in the genre. Now I'm expecting at least a 60% drop.

12 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

DS2 with $7.7 mil thursday

Ouch. Presuming that estimate holds (and doesn't come up $300K like it did yesterday), $70M+ 2nd weekend is probably a stretch now

All other holdovers should bounce back fairly well with DS2 dropping hard and Firestarter going up in smoke

• Like 1

Firestarter will probably hit about $5M for the weekend due to Friday the 13th but still an unsurprisingly dismal start overall between the nonexistent marketing and awful reviews. They should've just sent it straight to Peacock instead of doing a hybrid release.

I can’t see Firestarter hitting $5m with those previews. In 3,400 locations, wow. 

Scream is the only horror film of the year to open over $6m… 

January - May have been unusually empty. The only main studios that opened a horror were Paramount, A24 and Universal. 

The Black Phone, Nope, Salem’s Lot and Halloween Ends will hopefully perform. 

Edited by Krissykins