BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

70M back on the menu?

Possible, but not certain. If it follows Civil War, you get to 72.2M. If you follow The Batman, you get 63.9M. Of course, The Batman had Spring Break boosting its weekdays, so that probably means...68M? Just gonna say that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, motionpic05 said:

Universal is really not doing well this year.

The 355, Marry Me, Ambulance and now Firestarter.

I guess The Bad Guys did fine.

You dont have to worry for Universal, when theyre literally going to release the biggest movie of the year on June 10th. Which will also be a masterpiece, a zenith in filmmaking.

Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed Uni/Focus has only done 1 day-and-date movie each quarter, no?

Q3 '21 - Boss Baby 2
Q4 '21 - Halloween Kills

Q1 '22 - Marry Me

Q2 '22 - Firestarter

Q3 '22 - Honk for Jesus, Save Your Soul

Based on that logic, I'd assume everything until October is safe, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end the practice altogether instead.

1 hour ago, Djsoke said:

idk, but I'm definitely going to have trust issues with the estimates this weekend

The saving grace here though is early Deadline estimates. They can be trusted.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, datpepper said:

Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed Uni/Focus has only done 1 day-and-date movie each quarter, no?

Q3 '21 - Boss Baby 2
Q4 '21 - Halloween Kills

Q1 '22 - Marry Me

Q2 '22 - Firestarter

Q3 '22 - Honk for Jesus, Save Your Soul

Based on that logic, I'd assume everything until October is safe, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end the practice altogether instead.

Halloween Ends for Q4? I doubt it would be straight to Peacock though.

At this point, day-and-date releases are looked as the studios announcing to the world "hey, our movie will probably bomb and we have no trust in it!". Is kinda like, marketing suicide. Universal have nothing to win by following this strategy with bigger movies.

• Like 2