BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

On the subject of Emmy’s, I think Oscar Isaac could pick up a Emmy nom for best actor in a limited series. He gave a great performance in episode 5 and it helps that they are calling it limited and not a full series so easier chance of getting nominated. 

I think if he gets a nomination for Lead in a Limited Series it'll be for Scenes From A Marriage.

12 minutes ago, DS2HaterLegion Confirmed said:

Yeah with 6 shows out now (and neither of the next two looking likely to be home runs ( 🤞 but just being realistic)) it’s clear that some larger changes need to be made to their tv approach. If they can’t pace 6 eps well, gotta figure out an alternative to the 6 ep default.   

I am curious how the Halloween and Xmas specials will be received, that is one potentially interesting alternative (1 ep content chunks). 

As a lot of critics say, actually make a 6 episode TV show instead of a 6 episode long movie cut into TV episodes. The entire approach to TV feels wrong if you come at it the same as a movie.

In my honest opinion... 

Just make them Disney Plus movies. 

Most of these shows feel like stretched out movies. Just stop this 6 episode series stupidity and make them a 2hours and something movie. It would be much better paced l, very different movies in themes and probably a lotta fun. 

Was just thinking... if FAWS, Loki, Hawkeye and Moon Knight were movies for Disney Plus, they would have been much better and better received. 

WV was the only series actually. And I have a feeling She-Hulk will also have a very actual series vibe. 

Ms. Marvel is another one that would actually fit much better as a Disney Plus movie. 

Plus, they would be able to make a lot more with the budget in a 2 hours movies. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

On the subject of Emmy’s, I think Oscar Isaac could pick up a Emmy nom for best actor in a limited series. He gave a great performance in episode 5 and it helps that they are calling it limited and not a full series so easier chance of getting nominated. 

Isaac actually has two shows in contention (Moon Knight and Scenes from the Marriage), and if he gets in for one, it'll likely be the latter (Chastain is a strong contender in the Actress category since she's having a moment after just becoming an Oscar winner). At the moment the only people that seem locked in for his category are Michael Keaton (Dopesick) and Andrew Garfield (Under the Banner of Heaven).

• Like 1

Just now, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

In my honest opinion... 

Just make them Disney Plus movies. 

Most of these shows feel like stretched out movies. Just stop this 6 episode series stupidity and make them a 2hours and something movie. It would be much better paced l, very different movies in themes and probably a lotta fun. 

Was just thinking... if FAWS, Loki, Hawkeye and Moon Knight were movies for Disney Plus, they would have been much better and better received. 

WV was the only series actually. And I have a feeling She-Hulk will also have a very actual series vibe. 

Ms. Marvel is another one that would actually fit much better as a Disney Plus movie. 

Plus, they would be able to make a lot more with the budget in a 2 hours movies. 

I agree. Ms. Marvel is actually releasing in Pakistan as a movie.

22 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

How was my post a fanwars post? I hate that fan wars nonsense. I guess we aren't allowed to say that MoM has mixed word of mouth and a bad second weekend drop. 

Yup. Complete nonsense.  Drop was bad.  They deleted posts that were comparable to other bad drops. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Yup. Complete nonsense.  Drop was bad.  They deleted posts that were comparable to other bad drops. 

I mean "DS2 = BvS. No excuses" felt like bait and was destined to lead to endless pages of Marvel vs. DC infighting. And that's stuff we really don't need here. Plus, only two posts were hidden. That's it. There wasn't any mass deletion or banning people simply for doing comparisons, and I'm not sure why you are implying this. I understand you're upset your post got hidden, but we aren't discouraging people from saying Doctor Strange's drop as bad or even comparing it to other movies. Just don't do anything that could be considered bait towards Marvel fans (I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but intentions don't equal actions).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DS2HaterLegion Confirmed said:

Lag double post

I’m still getting lag on mobile, Wifi, 5G, safari, chrome etc. 

Anything that can be done to sort this, Mods? It’s been like this for over a month now I think. 

4 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Big original movies have been much more successful on Disney Plus than series. Like Encanto or Turning Red. I think a Marvel movie straight to Disney Plus would be big for the streamer

Lol.  No.  

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol.  No.  

Lol. Yes. 

FAWS would be a much better movie. Be it straight to Disney Plus given it's small scale. 

These series have been a quality disappointment. I think the 6 episode series (the most disappointing) would have worked much better as movies on Disney Plus. 

Edited by ImNotRacistAtAll

3 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Lol. Yes. 

FAWS would be a much better movie. Be it straight to Disney Plus given it's small scale. 

These series have been a quality disappointment. I think the 6 episode series (the most disappointing) would have worked much better as movies on Disney Plus. 

They want 6+ episode series because they can release them week by week, build on them and keep subscribers around.  If suddenly they released these as 2 hour movies or whatever, people would watch them and that would be it.  Done.  

It would be a disaster for them.  It is why Netflix is already starting to abandon movies in favor of even more shows.  The movies might give you a splash, but that splash is gone instantly.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

They want 6+ episode series because they can release them week by week, build on them and keep subscribers around.  If suddenly they released these as 2 hour movies or whatever, people would watch them and that would be it.  Done.  

It would be a disaster for them.  It is why Netflix is already starting to abandon movies in favor of even more shows.  The movies might give you a splash, but that splash is gone instantly.  

I do get that. I haven't seen a MCU series worth weekly hype since WandaVision tho. My reaction after these series is... 6 weeks for this shit? 

If Feige wants to keep this 6 episode bs/nonsense, they better up their game real fast Because people will get tired of this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

I do get that. I haven't seen a MCU series worth weekly hype since WandaVision tho. My reaction after these series is... 6 weeks for this shit? 

If Feige wants to keep this 6 episode bs/nonsense, they better up their game real fast Because people will get tired of this. 

Again, do not mistake that BOT or Twitter is who they give a flying fuck about.  They are after a general audience, and all indications are that gneral audiences more than apporve and enjoy their shows.  

Beware of the echo chamber you get your feedback from.  

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

To put it simply the shows have been reduced to just content to fill a schedule and to add on subscribers which is the major reason why i think the shows have come out rushed and underveloped for the most part.

like ive said many times i think disney plus is going to be a detriment to mcu in terms of creativity and quality of output in the long run if fiege and team dont get their shit together.

like seriously why do we need a harkness show just put her straight into the movies

15 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

They are popular. just not popular enough for fiege to use them as a major reference for the plot of a tentpole mcu film.