BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Wow 23% drop for Sonic 2, it’s best hold ever. Will sonic 2 debut on paramount+ after 45days? I remember for some reason they have Scream one week longer window at 53 days.

Scream took a week longer than 45 to head to P+ specifically, but the 45 day theatrical window still held since it dropped on VOD storefronts (iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, etc.) the week before on day 47.

1 hour ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Nah i do agree bank loan plot would be interesting but since it didnt serve the plot much it was better off being cut. An idea is only good as its excution

I know, I was just having a bit of fun. Although it made me then think of a ton of action sequences in every MCU movie I’d rather they left out. But they’re what get the masses in I guess.  I mean, who wasn’t in agony when the relatively grounded spy thriller that was Black Widow then turned in ANOTHER MCU falling from the sky for 25 minutes CG cartoon sequence?  Those kind of action set pieces appear in, what, 75% of MCU third acts?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Lol. Yes. 

FAWS would be a much better movie. Be it straight to Disney Plus given it's small scale. 

These series have been a quality disappointment. I think the 6 episode series (the most disappointing) would have worked much better as movies on Disney Plus. 

Straight to streaming movies have a stigma still tbh. The 6 hour shows have a movie budget but are stretched out to much longer, and are made to boost subscriber numbers. A made-for-Disney+ movie is not going to have the same effect, and will cheapen the brand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I know, I was just having a bit of fun. Although it made me then think of a ton of action sequences in every MCU movie I’d rather they left out. But they’re what get the masses in I guess.  I mean, who wasn’t in agony when the relatively grounded spy thriller that was Black Widow then turned in ANOTHER MCU falling from the sky for 25 minutes CG cartoon sequence?  Those kind of action set pieces appear in, what, 75% of MCU third acts?

I love that the first Dr. Strange movie subverted this. All time classic scene.

• Like 1

This was always going to be the problem with streaming, and why inherently theatrical not only isn't going anywhere, but it will have a ton of power and clout back in the coming years.  

Cable is set up on a subscriber model.  They license out content from a wide variety of sources to fead the beast.  

Netflix was set up like this as well, and was one of the reasons it became wildly popular due to being first on the block and the ability to license out content from a wide range of sources.  

Then they awoke the beast and started making their own content.  Everyone saw the revenue model and said to themselves, "why don't we do that??", and then started their own content services like Disney+ / Paramount+ / HBOMax / Peacock and others.  

The real issue as they are all finding out is that it takes a tremendous amount of content that must be produced on schedule and never slows down or stops to attract the types of subscriber numbers to make this a viable business.  

What they are all finding out is that it is nearly impossible to do that on their own.  They were trying to replicate Cable or Netflix and doing it without the multiple sources of content to feed it.  Now they have to pay for and create it all on their own and they are fincing that there is going to be a limit.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

sun- mon  drop after second weekend for mcu may

CW- 77.4%

AOU- 76.2%

IW- 77.4%

IM3 -77.8%

GOTG 2 -77.5%

week playing out as CW,AOU and GOTG 2 get it to around 3.2m thursday , IW-3.4m thurs,

IM3-2.9m thurs

3rd Weekend

CW - 130.9% FRI ,69.8% SAT -33.6% SUN

AOU - 148.2% FRI, 71.7% SAT, -32.4% SUN

IW     - 131.8% FRI, 68.5% SAT, -28.9% SUN

IM3    - 188.2% FRI  62.1% SAT, -29.8% SUN

GOTG 2 - 135.8% FRI, 71.5% SAT, -26.5% SUN

DS2 thurs will probably be a little bigger but fri and sat jump will be weaker to compensate 

weekend should be around 28-33m 

nah on second thought , using week to week drops makes more sense

gotg 2 dropped 52.3% from previous monday, CW 64.3%, IM3 59%, AOU 59.2%,IW 66.5%

Monday for DS2 should be around 4.8- 5.5M plus , thursday should be around 3.6-3.8M

Third weekend range remains the same . fri and sat jumps will be weaker ,sun drop a little better.