titanic2187

Top Gun: Maverick | Oscar-wining Billionaire | $1.48bn without China!

Nah  this is closer to 11m than 8m from this early sales. Even today it will get more admission than Batman did in its OW. Crazy. 

Japan seems like Top Gun. Nostalgia factor with its quality probably.

2 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

Nah  this is closer to 11m than 8m from this early sales. Even today it will get more admission than Batman did in its OW. Crazy. 

Japan seems like Top Gun. Nostalgia factor with its quality probably.

FRI will likely be $2.25M I guess. From that $11M seems alot. $8M will make more sense.

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

FRI will likely be $2.25M I guess. From that $11M seems alot. $8M will make more sense.

I used Batman multiplier for mimorin but yeah if we use Dr Strange 2 multiplier it will get into around 8m.

From mimorin data, Dr Strange 2 got 523k adm from Wed-Sun and got 9.3m. 

Top Gun Maverick probably will get 160k - 190 - 175k for Friday to Sunday. Around the same with DS2, so 9m still possible imo.

Edited by RJ 95

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

In Japan, TG:M will make ¥800M-¥1000M ($6.3M-$7.8M) OW. My sense of worry is JW:D, if it can hold 2nd WK well then, Final could be ¥4000M-¥6000M ($31.5M-$47.3M)

Paramount made a HUGE mistake not opening last week OS. Jurassic is more of TG2 target's audience than Strange. Should have distanced the movie from Jurassic, not Strange

Edited by Maggie
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I dont really know how accurate yahoo movies jp for japan box office but Top Gun with 4.5/5 with quite many review already. Incredible early rating if its accurate. 

Allocine for france also with 4.5/5, so wom will be great too in important market.

Edited by RJ 95

3 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

I dont really know how accurate yahoo movies jp for japan box office but Top Gun with 4.5/5 with quite many review already. Incredible early rating if its accurate. 

4.8 :「MovieWalker」(link)

4.5 :「Filmark」(link)

4.5 :「映画.com」(link)

Early reaction is great. Promising good legs...

https://deadline.com/2022/05/top-gun-maverick-tom-cruise-opening-records-global-international-box-office-1235034560/

Paramount’s Top Gun: Maverick is soaring in its overseas debuts, clocking $33M from 47 markets at the international box office through Thursday.

Highlights so far include France, which bowed Wednesday to $1.8M, scoring the biggest opening day for a Paramount live-action title and also for Cruise in the market. Thursday added $2.9M for the best Ascension Day opening of any movie there ever. Rolled up with previews, the France cume through Thursday is $5.9M. The movie has 4.5 stars out of 5 from audiences who are turning out in the cities and the provinces.

In Australia, Thursday’s debut was $1.5M for a $2.5M total including previews. This is Cruise’s biggest opening day ever Down Under. Germanydebuted to $1.6M for a $2.5M cume with previews. Brazil likewise has cumed $2.5M so far while Mexico is at $2.1M.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

https://deadline.com/2022/05/top-gun-maverick-tom-cruise-opening-records-global-international-box-office-1235034560/

Paramount’s Top Gun: Maverick is soaring in its overseas debuts, clocking $33M from 47 markets at the international box office through Thursday.

Highlights so far include France, which bowed Wednesday to $1.8M, scoring the biggest opening day for a Paramount live-action title and also for Cruise in the market. Thursday added $2.9M for the best Ascension Day opening of any movie there ever. Rolled up with previews, the France cume through Thursday is $5.9M. The movie has 4.5 stars out of 5 from audiences who are turning out in the cities and the provinces.

In Australia, Thursday’s debut was $1.5M for a $2.5M total including previews. This is Cruise’s biggest opening day ever Down Under. Germanydebuted to $1.6M for a $2.5M cume with previews. Brazil likewise has cumed $2.5M so far while Mexico is at $2.1M.

People just didn't get it. Top Gun is a cultural phenomenon across he globe.

Looking at MI6 made 42m in Japan from 7.8m start. With that multiplier this will make 48m. So >50m should be the target with this having great rating. 

In SK, MI 6 made 49m but dont know if they love  the original top gun like in Japan. So 30m from 10m OW probably a good starting target. Still holding hope for some breakout because Tom is really popular there and whole Asia tbh.

Hopefully with great legs in Europe this can reach 400m.

450 DOM and 400m OS will be nice

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 2

Does it have a shot at 500 million international? INT ow will probably be 125 I think 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

I know its still early but good day so far in Japan 30% better than yesterday. Around the same number with NWH first Saturday but NWH has around 20% seats more so far and TG2 will have more seats later this day. If this ratio holds. TG2 will have 210k adms from usual location. Around 28% increase, which is fantastic with already big Friday. Even NWH only increase by 10% from Fri. Seems like review and WOM helps. $9m seems locked and 9.5m OW possible.

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

We will surely see an amazing run in Japan. When something succeeds it breaks all limits. I am having a slight hope with really strong runs in leggy markets in Europe, Japan(and hoping korea also does well), Australia and Latin America, it makes enough to hit 1B WW. 

Assuming that 500m from DOM and 500m from OS is the ideal ratio for this movie. Besides UK, Japan, and other Europe big markets which will provide nice legs.

It needs one more big market, which is SK. SK love TC and his MI is very sucessfull there. I just looked that TG1 has a very high rating in there ( naver movie ), so if they like TG1 then no way they wont like the sequel. It needs to get big there to even have a slightest hope for 500m OS

Edited by RJ 95