Eric Atreides

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

Good for Sohn getting another go. I’m game for a Pixar romantic comedy but it does seem kind of generic. However after the trio of Soul, Luca and Turning Red, I’m willing to wait for the trailers to pass judgement.

Guessing Fee and Sullivan’s movies are 2024 titles, also the no theater mention and no CinemaCon drop basically confirms it’s going directly to Disney+.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DS2HaterLegion Confirmed said:

Pixar: The Last Airbender

Honestly, I wish this was just an Avatar knockoff. The "what if elements have feelings" hook feels like Pixar is really stretching the limits in terms of their formula

Lets see if this can set the box office on Fire. If this is just a watered-down version of the general Pixar formula, it might lead to numbers that are not exactly earth-shattering. I personally hope the concept is more than just hot air and they do something interesting with it.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

I maintain The Good Dinosaur is an insanely underrated movie and glad Pete Sohn is getting another chance. That being said, not real thrilled that this looks like a typical Pixar talky buddy movie judging from the concept art. Hopefully the personal inspiration comes through.

• Like 2

They'll be saving most of the details for this and their other late 2022/2023/early 2024 projects for D23 in early September so all the handwringing over whether they'll pivot anymore titles to D+ feels useless now, especially when they no longer have any excuses.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Stupid sarcasm aside, this is more exciting than most flood of sequels and remakes and whatever trash Hollywood is making today. 

So I'm good with this

Opposites attract is hardly creative or exciting. I'm not in the business of praise before something happens just because it's Pixar or Disney. I'm sure it'll look good and have something to like, but for now, what I see is just eh, this again, we'll see.

• Like 1